    replacing either OS, etc., please).

    Thanks.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Sep 20, 2010

  2. Steve Freides

    Mike Easter Guest

    Steve Freides wrote:
    > I have a Windows XP computer with two attached printers, an HP LaserJet
    > 1300 and an HP OfficeJet 6500.

    This description of your setup lacks a great deal of information,
    leaving the reader to assume that the printers can only/ might likely/
    be attached to the XP machine by USB, as is commonly practiced.

    .... where/but the LJ 1300 comes standard with both USB and parallel port
    connectivity and also optional wired and wireless network connectivity.
    http://snipr.com/1510d3

    .... where/but the OJ 6500 all-in-one comes standard with both USB and
    ethernet connectivity and an embedded web server http://snipr.com/1513g8

    > For the LaserJet, Vista cannot find a driver but I downloaded one.
    > Vista then says it can't communicate with the prinet.
    >
    > For the OfficeJet, it finds the driver, but it still doesn't work.

    HP provides drivers for both 32 and 64 bit Vista for both these devices.

    > My XP machine shares its printers nicely with XP machines in the house -
    > this is the first Vista machine. The Vista machine finds the printers
    > but that's about as far as it seems to get.
    >
    > Suggestions appreciated for making this work as described (not for
    > replacing either OS, etc., please).

    Missing the information for whether you equipped the LJ with optional
    network connectivity, I will assume that it has none - altho' I think
    you should consider that option considering that you have at least 3
    other computers besides the Vista which are using both of the printers -
    that is, you are describing here at least 4 computers and 2 printers.

    The printer manuals, such as the OJ 6500 describe the advantages of
    using the printer's network features.

    That being said, not only should you be aware of the printer manual
    instructions for sharing the printer if connected to one XP machine, but
    you should be aware of important differences between XP and Vista
    defaults for sharing printers. Also differences for sharing files.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727037.aspx File and
    Printer Sharing in Windows Vista - Differences in File and Printer
    Sharing in Windows Vista - The default workgroup name in Windows Vista
    has been changed to WORKGROUP. In Windows® XP Home Edition, the default
    workgroup name is MSHOME.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Sep 20, 2010

  3. Steve Freides

    chuckcar Guest

    "Steve Freides" <> wrote in

    > I have a Windows XP computer with two attached printers, an HP
    > LaserJet 1300 and an HP OfficeJet 6500.
    >
    > For the LaserJet, Vista cannot find a driver but I downloaded one.
    > Vista then says it can't communicate with the prinet.
    >
    > For the OfficeJet, it finds the driver, but it still doesn't work.
    >
    > My XP machine shares its printers nicely with XP machines in the house
    > - this is the first Vista machine. The Vista machine finds the
    > printers but that's about as far as it seems to get.
    >
    > Suggestions appreciated for making this work as described (not for
    > replacing either OS, etc., please).
    >
    > Thanks.

    How do you *know* the driver works properly? could you print a test page
    properly?

    Where *exactly* did you get this driver (provide a url to the source
    please).

    And BTW Vista *was* and is junk. Even Microsoft admitted it.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 20, 2010
  4. Steve Freides

    Dan C Guest

    On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 13:17:34 -0400, Steve Freides wrote:

    > I have a Windows XP computer with two attached printers, an HP LaserJet
    > 1300 and an HP OfficeJet 6500.
    >
    > For the LaserJet, Vista cannot find a driver but I downloaded one. Vista
    > then says it can't communicate with the prinet.
    >
    > For the OfficeJet, it finds the driver, but it still doesn't work.
    >
    > My XP machine shares its printers nicely with XP machines in the house -
    > this is the first Vista machine. The Vista machine finds the printers
    > but that's about as far as it seems to get.
    >
    > Suggestions appreciated for making this work as described (not for
    > replacing either OS, etc., please).

    Formatting the hard drive on the computer will solve all of these
    problems.

    > Thanks.

    No problem.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he scrambled his partition table.

    Dan C, Sep 21, 2010
  5. Steve Freides

    joevan Guest

    On 21 Sep 2010 02:37:21 GMT, Dan C <>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 13:17:34 -0400, Steve Freides wrote:
    >
    >> I have a Windows XP computer with two attached printers, an HP LaserJet
    >> 1300 and an HP OfficeJet 6500.
    >>
    >> For the LaserJet, Vista cannot find a driver but I downloaded one. Vista
    >> then says it can't communicate with the prinet.
    >>
    >> For the OfficeJet, it finds the driver, but it still doesn't work.
    >>
    >> My XP machine shares its printers nicely with XP machines in the house -
    >> this is the first Vista machine. The Vista machine finds the printers
    >> but that's about as far as it seems to get.
    >>
    >> Suggestions appreciated for making this work as described (not for
    >> replacing either OS, etc., please).

    >Formatting the hard drive on the computer will solve all of these
    >problems.
    >
    >> Thanks.

    >No problem.

    My god, worm, why don't you format your own and leave this group
    alone. You do no good and you do all shit.

    joevan, Sep 21, 2010
  6. Steve Freides

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 10:23:18 -0400, joevan wrote:

    > On 21 Sep 2010 02:37:21 GMT, Dan C <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 13:17:34 -0400, Steve Freides wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a Windows XP computer with two attached printers, an HP
    >>> LaserJet 1300 and an HP OfficeJet 6500.
    >>>
    >>> For the LaserJet, Vista cannot find a driver but I downloaded one.
    >>> Vista then says it can't communicate with the prinet.
    >>>
    >>> For the OfficeJet, it finds the driver, but it still doesn't work.
    >>>
    >>> My XP machine shares its printers nicely with XP machines in the house
    >>> - this is the first Vista machine. The Vista machine finds the
    >>> printers but that's about as far as it seems to get.
    >>>
    >>> Suggestions appreciated for making this work as described (not for
    >>> replacing either OS, etc., please).

    >>Formatting the hard drive on the computer will solve all of these
    >>problems.
    >>
    >>> Thanks.

    >>No problem.

    > My god, worm, why don't you format your own and leave this group alone.
    > You do no good and you do all shit.

    He's mentally ill. What do you expect?

    Meat Plow, Sep 21, 2010
  7. Mike Easter wrote:
    > Steve Freides wrote:
    >> I have a Windows XP computer with two attached printers, an HP
    >> LaserJet 1300 and an HP OfficeJet 6500.

    > This description of your setup lacks a great deal of information,
    > leaving the reader to assume that the printers can only/ might likely/
    > be attached to the XP machine by USB, as is commonly practiced.

    You must enjoy hearing yourself talk. Yes, that's how the printers are
    connected, no it's not any other way.

    The rest of your message was useless, and snipped, and thanks for
    nothing. If that's all you've got to offer, don't bother next time,
    please.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Sep 22, 2010
  8. Steve Freides

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 10:23:18 -0400, joevan wrote:

    > On 21 Sep 2010 02:37:21 GMT, Dan C <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 13:17:34 -0400, Steve Freides wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a Windows XP computer with two attached printers, an HP
    >>> LaserJet 1300 and an HP OfficeJet 6500.
    >>>
    >>> For the LaserJet, Vista cannot find a driver but I downloaded one.
    >>> Vista then says it can't communicate with the prinet.
    >>>
    >>> For the OfficeJet, it finds the driver, but it still doesn't work.
    >>>
    >>> My XP machine shares its printers nicely with XP machines in the house
    >>> - this is the first Vista machine. The Vista machine finds the
    >>> printers but that's about as far as it seems to get.
    >>>
    >>> Suggestions appreciated for making this work as described (not for
    >>> replacing either OS, etc., please).

    >>Formatting the hard drive on the computer will solve all of these
    >>problems.
    >>
    >>> Thanks.

    >>No problem.

    > My god, worm, why don't you format<SNIP>

    You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As we
    say in Texas, you couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions
    printed on the heel. You are a canker, an open wound. I would rather
    kiss a lawyer than be seen with you. You took your last vacation in
    the Islets of Langerhans.

    You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little
    worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a
    cad, and a weasel. I take that back; you are a festering pustule on a
    weasel's rump. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench,
    a revulsion, an overflowing latrine, a big suck on a sour lemon.

    I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same
    species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at
    the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut.
    Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are
    a weed, a fungus, a stinking snotrag, the dregs of this earth. You are
    a technicolor yawn. And did I mention that you smell?

    You are a squeaking rat, a mistake of nature and a heavy-metal bagpipe
    player. You were not born. You were hatched into an unwilling world
    that rejects the likes of you. You didn't crawl out of a normal egg,
    either, but rather a mutant maggot egg rejected by an evil scientist
    as being below his low standards. Your alleged parents abandoned
    their bastard whelp at birth and then died of shame in recognition of
    what they had done to an unsuspecting world. They were a bit late.

    Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting
    to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a
    nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able
    to access it ever so much more rapidly. If cluelessness were crude
    oil, your scalp would be crawling with caribou.

    You are a thick-headed trog. I have seen skeet with more sense than
    you have. You are a few bricks short of a full load, a few cards short
    of a full deck, a few bytes short of a full core dump, and a few
    chromosomes short of a full genome. Worse than that, you top-post.
    In HTML. God created toads, houseflies, cockroaches, maggots, mosquitos,
    fleas, ticks,slugs, leeches, and intestinal parasites, then he lowered
    his standards and made you. I take it back; God didn't make you. You
    are Satan's spawn. You are Evil beyond comprehension, half-living in
    the slough of despair. You are the entropy which will claim us all.
    You are a green-nostriled, crossed eyed, microcephalous, hairy-livered
    inbred trout-defiler. You make Ebola look good.

    You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid,
    nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an
    ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with
    you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in
    a land that reality forgot. You are not ANSI compliant and your markup
    doesn't validate. You have a couple of address lines shorted together.
    You should be promoted to Engineering Manager.

    Do you really expect your delusional and incoherent ramblings to be
    read? Everyone plonked you long ago. Do you fantasize that your
    tantrums and conniption fits could possibly be worth the $0.000000001
    worth of electricity used to send them? Your life is one big
    W.O.M.B.A.T. and your future doesn't look promising either. We need to
    trace your bloodline and terminate all siblings and cousins in order
    to cleanse humanity of your polluted genes. The good news is that no
    normal human would ever mate with you, so we won't have to go into the
    sewers in search of your git.

    You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and
    obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living
    emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a
    loathsome disease, a dung-bred maggot, a drooling inbred cross-eyed
    toesucker. You make Quakers shout and strike Pentecostals silent.

    You have a version 1.0 mind in a version 6.13 world. Your mother had
    to tie a pork chop around your neck just to get your dog to play with
    you. You think that HTTP://WWW.GUYMACON.COM/FUN/INSULT/INDEX.HTM is
    the name of a rock band. You believe that P.D.Q. Bach is the greatest
    composer who ever lived. You prefer L. Ron Hubbard to Larry Niven and
    Jerry Pournelle. Hee-Haw is too deep for you. You would watch test
    patterns all day if the other inmates would let you.

    On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are
    deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of
    wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted.
    Spammers look down on you. Phone sex operators hang up on you.
    Telemarketers refuse to be seen in public with you. You are the source
    of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.
    May you choke on your own foolish opinions. You are a Pusillanimous
    galactophage and you wear your sister's training bra. Don't bother
    opening the door when you leave - you should be able to slime your
    way out underneath. I hope that when you get home your mother runs
    out from under the porch and bites you.

    You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock.
    You grotty wanking oik artless base-court apple-john. You clouted
    boggish foot-licking half-twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You
    gormless crook-pated tosser. You bloody churlish boil-brained clotpole
    ponce. You craven dewberry pisshead cockup pratting naff. You cockered
    bum-bailey poofter. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You
    dread-bolted fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill. May your
    spouse be blessed with many bastards.

    You are so clueless that if you dressed in a clue skin, doused yourself
    in clue musk, and did the clue dance in the middle of a field of horny
    clues at the height of clue mating season, you still would not have a
    clue. If you were a movie you would be a double feature;
    _Battlefield_Earth_ and _Moron_Movies_II_. You would be out of focus.

    You are a fiend and a sniveling coward, and you have bad breath. You
    are the unholy spawn of a bandy-legged hobo and a syphilitic camel.
    You wear strangely mismatched clothing with oddly placed stains. You
    are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just knowing that
    you exist. I despise everything about you, and I wish you would go
    away. You are jetsam who dreams of becoming flotsam. You won't make
    it. I beg for sweet death to come and remove me from a world which
    became unbearable when you crawled out of a harpy's lair.

    It is hard to believe how incredibly stupid you are. Stupid as a stone
    that the other stones make fun of. So stupid that you have traveled
    far beyond stupid as we know it and into a new dimension of stupid.
    Meta-stupid. Stupid cubed. Trans-stupid stupid. Stupid collapsed to
    a singularity where even the stupons have collapsed into stuponium.
    Stupid so dense that no intelligence can escape. Singularity stupid.
    Blazing hot summer day on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one
    minute than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. It cannot
    be possible that anything in our universe can really be this stupid.
    This is a primordial fragment from the original big stupid bang. A pure
    extract of stupid with absolute stupid purity. Stupid beyond the laws
    of nature. I must apologize. I can't go on. This is my epiphany of
    stupid. After this experience, you may not hear from me for a while.
    I don't think that I can summon the strength left to mock your moronic
    opinions and malformed comments about boring trivia or your other
    drivel. Duh.

    The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped
    away most of your of what you wrote, because, well ... it didn't
    really say anything. Your attempt at constructing a creative flame was
    pitiful. I mean, really, stringing together a bunch of insults among a
    load of babbling was hardly effective... Maybe later in life, after
    you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more
    success. True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us "normal"
    people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering.
    But we sometimes forget that there are "challenged" persons in this
    world who find these things to be difficult. If I had known that this
    was true in your case then I would have never have exposed myself to
    what you wrote. It just wouldn't have been "right." Sort of like
    parking in a handicap space. I wish you the best of luck in the
    emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a
    demand on you.

    P.S.: You are hypocritical, greedy, violent, malevolent, vengeful,
    cowardly, deadly, mendacious, meretricious, loathsome, despicable,
    belligerent, opportunistic, barratrous, contemptible, criminal,
    fascistic, bigoted, racist, sexist, avaricious, tasteless, idiotic,
    brain-damaged, imbecilic, insane, arrogant, deceitful, demented, lame,
    self-righteous, byzantine, conspiratorial, satanic, fraudulent,
    libelous, bilious, splenetic, spastic, ignorant, clueless, EDLINoid,
    illegitimate, harmful, destructive, dumb, evasive, double-talking,
    devious, revisionist, narrow, manipulative, paternalistic,
    fundamentalist, dogmatic, idolatrous, unethical, cultic, diseased,
    suppressive, controlling, restrictive, malignant, deceptive, dim,
    crazy, weird, dyspeptic, stifling, uncaring, plantigrade, grim,
    unsympathetic, jargon-spouting, censorious, secretive, aggressive,
    mind-numbing, arassive, poisonous, flagrant, self-destructive,
    abusive, socially-retarded, puerile, and Generally Not Good.

    I hope this helps...

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he struggled with the condom.

    Dan C, Sep 22, 2010
  9. Steve Freides

    joevan Guest

    On 22 Sep 2010 02:01:29 GMT, Dan C <>
    wrote:

    >I hope this helps...

    Idiot.

    joevan, Sep 22, 2010
  10. Steve Freides

    Dan C Guest

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 05:21:02 -0400, joevan wrote:

    > On 22 Sep 2010 02:01:29 GMT, Dan C <> wrote:
    >
    >>I hope this helps...

    > Idiot.

    /"\
    |\./|
    | |
    | |
    |>~<|
    | |
    /'\| |/'\..
    /~\| | | | \
    | =[@]= | | \
    | ~ ~ ~ ~ |` )
    | /
    \ /
    \ /
    \ _____ /
    |--//''`\--|
    | (( +==)) |
    |--\_|_//--|

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet stepped on the land mine.

    Dan C, Sep 22, 2010
  11. Steve Freides

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 22/09/2010 00:01, Steve Freides wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >> Steve Freides wrote:
    >>> I have a Windows XP computer with two attached printers, an HP
    >>> LaserJet 1300 and an HP OfficeJet 6500.

    >> This description of your setup lacks a great deal of information,
    >> leaving the reader to assume that the printers can only/ might likely/
    >> be attached to the XP machine by USB, as is commonly practiced.

    > You must enjoy hearing yourself talk. Yes, that's how the printers are
    > connected, no it's not any other way.

    That's a great way to respond to free help and yes you did leave out a
    lot of information.

    > The rest of your message was useless, and snipped, and thanks for
    > nothing. If that's all you've got to offer, don't bother next time,
    > please.

    The rest of the message was very useful based on the poorly worded and
    informationally challenged question you asked. You don't deserve any
    further help you arse.

    Desk Rabbit, Sep 22, 2010
  12. Steve Freides

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 02:01:29 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 10:23:18 -0400, joevan wrote:

    >>>Formatting the hard drive on the computer will solve all of these
    >>>problems.

    >>>No problem.

    >> My god, worm, why don't you format<SNIP>

    > You[SLAP]

    Oh, how original! The Insult File.

    http://www.guymacon.com/FUN/INSULT/INDEX.HTM

    bwahah hah hah

    Meat Plow, Sep 22, 2010
  13. Steve Freides

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/22/2010 8:32 AM Just to please that super-ego, Desk Rabbit wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > On 22/09/2010 00:01, Steve Freides wrote:
    >> Mike Easter wrote:
    >>>
    >>> This description of your setup lacks a great deal of information,
    >>> leaving the reader to assume that the printers can only/ might likely/
    >>> be attached to the XP machine by USB, as is commonly practiced.

    >> You must enjoy hearing yourself talk. Yes, that's how the printers are
    >> connected, no it's not any other way.

    > That's a great way to respond to free help and yes you did leave out a
    > lot of information.
    >
    >> The rest of your message was useless, and snipped, and thanks for
    >> nothing. If that's all you've got to offer, don't bother next time,
    >> please.

    > The rest of the message was very useful based on the poorly worded and
    > informationally challenged question you asked. You don't deserve any
    > further help you arse.

    YES ! MA'AM !

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Sep 22, 2010
  14. Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 02:01:29 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    >>> My god, worm, why don't you format<SNIP>

    >> You[SLAP]

    > Oh, how original! The Insult File.
    >
    > http://www.guymacon.com/FUN/INSULT/INDEX.HTM
    >
    > bwahah hah hah

    Odd how you'd be familiar with that...hmmm...

    §ñühw¤£f, Sep 22, 2010
  15. Steve Freides

    Dan C Guest

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 13:43:34 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    >> You[SLAP]

    Yup. Just a minute ago, Meat Plow posts that I did a "cowardly snip" by
    doing exactly what *HE* just did right there above.

    In fact, he does it on a regular basis.

    Stupid, even for a lying hypocrite.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as his rectum exploded.

    Dan C, Sep 22, 2010
  16. Steve Freides

    Dan C Guest

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 08:40:41 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    >> Oh, how original! The Insult File.
    >>
    >> http://www.guymacon.com/FUN/INSULT/INDEX.HTM
    >>
    >> bwahah hah hah

    > Odd how you'd be familiar with that...hmmm...

    Nothing "odd" about it. He's a cowardly troll, and a hypocrite.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he wondered why he bothered to answer.

    Dan C, Sep 22, 2010
  17. Steve Freides

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 14:52:23 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > Meat Plow

    Ooooo you got it bad there Fuckstain.

    Thanks for having me invade your pathetically empty skull.

    heh

    Meat Plow, Sep 22, 2010
  18. Steve Freides

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 08:40:41 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> You[SLAP]

    >> Oh, how original! The Insult File.
    >>
    >> http://www.guymacon.com/FUN/INSULT/INDEX.HTM
    >>
    >> bwahah hah hah
    >>

    > Odd how you'd be familiar with that...hmmm...

    Odd how if you Google the first few words of it the link pops up there,
    junior.

    Meat Plow, Sep 22, 2010
  19. Steve Freides

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 14:53:24 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 08:40:41 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >
    >>> Oh, how original! The Insult File.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.guymacon.com/FUN/INSULT/INDEX.HTM
    >>>
    >>> bwahah hah hah

    >> Odd how you'd be familiar with that...hmmm...

    > Nothing "odd" about it. He's a cowardly troll, and a hypocrite.

    Hi Pot. This is the Kettle. Yes, I already know I'm black.

    heh

    Meat Plow, Sep 22, 2010
  20. Meat Plow wrote:

    > Ooooo i a Fuckstain.