    laptops connected wireless to the internet?
    --
    loquinn

    =?Utf-8?B?bG9xdWlubg==?=, May 7, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bG9xdWlubg==?=

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day <> did cause the

    > I purchased a wirless printing kit from HP for the purpose of sharing
    > my printer connected to the host on my home Linksys network and can't
    > get the other two printers to print. After spending more than 2 hours
    > with HP and pinging, configing, the caller said he would research and
    > get back--that was 2 weeks ago. Is there a way to simply share the
    > printer with the other laptops connected wireless to the internet?

    You said you had a problem with "the other two printers". I assume you
    meant computers?

    Anyway, assuming you have a desktop, what is wrong with connecting the
    printer direclty to the desktop and sharing it using normal methods?

    If you have three laptops, unless there is some reason that makes it
    impossible to connect using a wire, I suggest you avoid the wireless
    mess and just hook the print up via a jetdirect box or some other form
    of wired printer controller.

    Come to think of it, I had a problem with one of these print host gizmos
    before because it wasn't designed to work with the printer. Is your
    printer on the list of compatible devices?

    Failing that, then get back after HP. Ask for a supervisor and find out
    why they haven't returned your call.

    -------

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    TBone, May 8, 2007

  3. I am in exactly the same situation so if u find a solution plaese email me
    and I will do the same for u.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=, May 8, 2007
  4. My desktop and laptop are on different floors of my house. Here in England
    they love to have houses that occupy 3 or 4 floors. I rent this house so I
    do not have permission to start drilling holes in the floor, they do an
    inspection every 3 months, no pets either.

    So I have both my laptop with printer attached on the ground floor and my
    desktop on the first floor connected to the internet via a wifi router which
    connects to a cable ISP provider
    I would love to be able to share folders between these 2 computers and to
    share the printer but I don't know how to do it

    My network on my desktop is controlled by a 3 com launcher utility not
    windows xp

    I don't have this HP print host gizmos

    Any help appreciated

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=, May 8, 2007