    connection without having to buy those expensive $100 wireless items?

    Thanks Dan

    , Mar 10, 2008

  2. wrote:
    > I have a laptop with a wireless connection to a router upstairs. i
    > have my xbox sitting right next to it. is there a way i can share the
    > connection without having to buy those expensive $100 wireless items?
    >
    > Thanks Dan

    I'm not an xbox person, but don't those have wireless built in? If so, just
    have it connect to the same wireless access point as your
    laptop does. I don't know if xboxes can use ICS, but I hate ICS and don't
    recommend it anyway. You might post in an xbox group for more help.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Mar 10, 2008

  3. Hi
    If the laptop has a wire Network card, and it is Running XP pro or Vista,
    you can connect the X-Box with a cable to the Laptop and use Windows
    Bridging capacity.
    No need to use ICS since you have a Router.
    This page was written for another purpose but it illustrates the Bridging
    principle.
    http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/wxpbrdge.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 11, 2008
  4. Barb Bowman Guest

    while there is a technical solution as Jack points out, the
    performance for gaming is not going to be acceptable for most
    people.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP