    wireless icon was visible and I could browse the Internet perfectly well.
    Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

    I would appreciate a response as soon as possible

    =?Utf-8?B?c3R1ZGVudA==?=, Dec 21, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c3R1ZGVudA==?=

    Mr T Guest

    "student" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi
    > I have recently installed a wireless network on my home computer with the
    > WinXP Pro SP2 operating system. I have two sisters who also use my
    > computer.
    > They both have limited accounts. When they log onto their accounts, they
    > cannot access the Internet. Just to see the result, I changed both of
    > their
    > account types to "Computer administrator", as my account is. Strangely,
    > the
    > wireless icon was visible and I could browse the Internet perfectly well.
    > Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?
    >
    > I would appreciate a response as soon as possible

    I think you need to setup the wireless connection on each xp account.

    Mr T, Dec 24, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?c3R1ZGVudA==?=

    t_sprokholt Guest

    hi

    I'm having the same problem with my xp home edition.
    when I stay logged in and switch to another user, that user cannot use
    the existing wireless link, although the wireless connection to the
    router itself succeeds. On the other hand, when I log out, and switch
    the user, that user can successfully connect to the internet.
    I'm having the Intel Pro/wireless 2200BG device.
    A friend of mine does not have these problems, don't know
    what wireless device he uses.
    it does work with wired connections, so there must be some
    difference in the wireless stack configuration.
    any news yet ? does anyone know the real answer to the problem ?

    --
    t_sprokholt

    t_sprokholt, Mar 4, 2006