    has been a sharing violation or file may be in use" "unable to delete"

    How can I delete this file? I tried in safe mode but no luck... i'll try in
    command prompt.
    natural_4u, Dec 20, 2003

  2. natural_4u

    -D- Guest

    I've had similar problems in the past and I found a great program that works
    within the command shell. Try zap.exe...

    http://helpdesk.kixtart.org/KixUtilsFile.asp

    Place the executable in your Winnt/system32 folder. You can then use the
    command c:\zap.exe <filename> and it is deleted.

    Hope this helps.
    -D-

    "natural_4u" <> wrote in message
    > `using windows 2000
    >
    > I'm unable to delete this file.... i would alaways getr this message

    "there

    -D-, Dec 20, 2003

  3. natural_4u

    RussS Guest

    what is the file?
    RussS, Dec 21, 2003
  4. natural_4u

    natural_4u Guest

    I went in to safe mode command promt and deleted the file. I can remember
    the file extension... but I'm glad its gone.

    natural_4u, Dec 23, 2003
  5. natural_4u

    RussS Guest

    thats the deal. Usually crap like common name & other sheeiitt like that
    hangs around until you delete it either in safe mode in DOS.
    RussS, Dec 24, 2003