    running xp windows. unable to get equipment to see each other hard drives and
    share the printer. even after setting the programs to sharing.

    help

    =?Utf-8?B?d2FkZQ==?=, Jan 8, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?d2FkZQ==?=

    J Guest

    On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 13:22:01 -0800, "wade"
    <> wrote:
    >broad band internet-linksys router-hardwired desktop, wireless laptop. both
    >running xp windows. unable to get equipment to see each other hard drives and
    >share the printer. even after setting the programs to sharing.

    May be similar to problem I had, and fixed with this group's help

    Go to my online notes http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith/ADOBE.HTM
    and click the wireless network link near the top... may help

    J, Jan 8, 2006

  3. I have similar config, as many others. Have you tried going right-click on
    "C" (e.g. Windows Explorer) drive then sharing selection. Check boxes for
    read and/or update. I am able to see the printers from my laptop but not the
    desktop. I was able to originally and then not and then again and then not
    again but haven't figured out what's happening. I've tried all knowledge base
    suggestions but have yet to nail the problem. I suspect that Windows Net is
    very fragile. At the moment can't ping desktop.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2tib3Q=?=, Jan 9, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?d2FkZQ==?=

    Dave Cox Guest

    I had the problme of 2 hard wired PC's that could see each other and the
    laptop that could only get onto the internet. Uninstalled Norton on the
    laptop, everything now works fine!!

    Could it be a firewall or Antivirus??

    Dave Cox, Jan 9, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?d2FkZQ==?=

    Tom Guest

    Yup, that's been my experience as well. I needed to disable Norton firewall
    on both my laptop and my desk PC to allow them to move files between. Both
    could, however, see and use the internet.

    Tom

    Tom, Jan 9, 2006
  6. This was my problem too, I found that if you click on "Personal Firewall" and
    then configure. Then click on Network - there you can chose "From" and "To
    ip-adresses that are friends and foes (I don't know the exact words as my
    Norton speaks swedish) Selecting the range of ip-addresses I use solved my
    problem! This is definitely better than disabling the firewall!

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXN0ZXI=?=, Jan 9, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?d2FkZQ==?=

    Tom Guest

    Just unplugged my phone line from the router while transferring files.....

    Tom, Jan 10, 2006