    things, but none work.

    Or will Netscape (based on Mozilla) easily do what I want?

    Thanks.

    Stromm Sarnac, Apr 26, 2004

  2. Stromm Sarnac

    Neil Guest

    Stromm Sarnac wrote:

    >With IE and the old netscape 4.xx I could put all my profile files (bookmarks, email, news, cache, etc.) on my server. Then I could point my workstations to that central folder. This way I had the same settings and files no matter which PC I sat down at to browse the Net, check email, etc.
    >
    >Does anyone know how to do this with mozilla? I've tried all sorts of things, but none work.

    What I did is to start on a machine without any profiles, and use
    mozilla -profileWizard to create one on a mapped drive. I then copied
    the registry.dat from the mozilla application data folder to the server,
    and then back to my mozilla application data folder on each new machine.

    --
    Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

    Neil, Apr 26, 2004

  3. In article <c6je8m$>,
    says...
    > Stromm Sarnac wrote:
    >
    > >With IE and the old netscape 4.xx I could put all my profile files (bookmarks, email, news, cache, etc.) on my server. Then I could point my workstations to that central folder. This way I had the same settings and files no matter which PC I sat down at to browse the Net, check email, etc.
    > >
    > >Does anyone know how to do this with mozilla? I've tried all sorts of things, but none work.
    > >

    > What I did is to start on a machine without any profiles, and use
    > mozilla -profileWizard to create one on a mapped drive. I then copied
    > the registry.dat from the mozilla application data folder to the server,
    > and then back to my mozilla application data folder on each new machine.

    But this won't work when I already have tons of email and links.

    Man I can't believe they didn't program to allow for this.

    Stromm Sarnac, Apr 26, 2004