    I used the "Add Printer" Wizard for the first connection and it worked fine.
    But I can't seem to do anything to connect the second.

    Any suggestions?

    =?Utf-8?B?SkNTaGVh?=, Apr 25, 2006

  2. Start the Add Printer Wizard, click Next > select "A network printer, or a
    printer attached to another computer > Connect to this printer (or to browse
    for a printer, select this option and click Next:

    Name: \\home-x64asrock\hp840 (for example)

    Click next and finish the wizard.

    Also, make sure the Dell laptop is a part of the workgroup, unique computer
    name, ipaddress.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Apr 25, 2006

  3. Thanks for the response, Andre.

    Before I ran the wizard, I pinged the Laptop and the connectivity (between
    laptop and main PC) was fine. The wizard would not find the printer through
    browsing. I did attempt to name the printer to be connected with (\\computer
    name\printer name), but I received an error message that the name wasn't
    typed right or the printer wasn't connected.

    I haven't examined whether the laptop is in the same workgroup, though.
    I'll do that and report back.

    Thanks again.

    =?Utf-8?B?SkNTaGVh?=, Apr 25, 2006
  4. An update: The laptop that I was trying to connected had a different
    workgroup. I went into the network connections and operated the network
    wizard, changing the workgroup to the same name as the other two computers on
    the network.

    From there, the "Add Printer" wizard worked like a charm. All computers are
    on-line and able to use the connected printer. Thanks for your help.

    JCShea

    =?Utf-8?B?SkNTaGVh?=, Apr 26, 2006
  5. Great! :) You are welcome.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Apr 26, 2006