    screw up anything on there computer connections when they at there home
    location.

    thanks

    DD, Mar 30, 2008

  2. "DD" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > i ran the network setup wizard to enable print sharing and folder sharing.
    > i created a netsetup.exe file. my question is, if i have a guest at my
    > house that brings there laptop and needs to print something, do i simply
    > just run the netsetup on there machine when they are here. and if this is
    > so , what happens when they return back to there home location. will this
    > screw up anything on there computer connections when they at there home
    > location.

    No problem here. . .
    1. If you and your visitor both have wireless modems, he can
    set up for himself and connect via wireless with your PC.
    2. Or you could connect directly by ethernet cable.
    3. You may need to adjust Firewall settings on one or
    both PCs, depending what they were formerly.

    When going home, the laptop owner may if he is tidy-minded
    simply adjust NIC (Ethernet card) settings. The obvious
    protection is to remove Sharing settings.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    Don Phillipson, Mar 30, 2008

  3. DD

    Sean Guest

    Sean, Mar 30, 2008
  4. DD

    Sean Guest

    "DD" wrote:

    > i ran the network setup wizard to enable print sharing and folder sharing.
    > i created a netsetup.exe file. my question is, if i have a guest at my
    > house that brings there laptop and needs to print something, do i simply
    > just run the netsetup on there machine when they are here. and if this is
    > so , what happens when they return back to there home location. will this
    > screw up anything on there computer connections when they at there home
    > location.
    >
    > thanks

    The main thing you need to be sure of is that you and your computers are
    running the same version of Windows ie; Windows XP or Vista, is not it will
    be important if you are allowing this person to access your network, they
    have the same work group enabled on their computer as your main system
    workgroup is set as. After the workgroups are the same the easiest way would
    be for that person to access the network settings on their computer, and then
    go to devices on the network map. Select add printer and the computer will
    search for the printer on your network. Add the printer and your ready to go.
    Dont forget to have your printer sharing enabled on your system.

    Sean, Mar 30, 2008
  5. DD

    Bob Guest

    No need to screw around with network settings.
    Make the file(s) available to your PC with a flash drive or a CD/DVD. Print.
    -------
    *Report back, please*
    [When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
    that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

    [How to ask a question]
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

    Bob, Mar 31, 2008