    What gives?

    BTW, I can create a folder on drive D from the x64 machine, and it will not
    be seen by the networked computer.

    Ned H., Aug 4, 2005

  2. Ned H.

    Randy Guest

    What firewall is in use?
    Were the shares functional prior to introducing x64?

    "Ned H." <> wrote in message
    > I am having a problem seeing shared folders on a home-networked computer.
    > The networked computer has XP Home and 3 users. Drive D on that computer

    is
    > shared, several folders on D are shared, but on my x64 computer, I can see
    > only folder on Drive D, a folder called "backup", that is shared. Even if

    > copy other folders into that "backup" folder and even if I share that

    folder
    > I will not see it from my x64 machine.
    >
    > I don't even see the shared docs folder from the networked computer.
    >
    > This is enormously, enormously frustrating.
    >
    > And, yes, I am clicking boxes that even allow people to change the

    contents.

    Randy, Aug 4, 2005

  3. Ned H.

    Ned H. Guest

    The only firewalls in place are whatever are defaulted by Windows SP 2 and
    x64.

    I turned that off on my x32 machine. I don't know if that was the problem
    or not, as I can now see all the shared folders on that computer. However,
    IIRC that did not occur immediately, as I tried that before posting my
    initial post to this group and still I could see no shared folders other
    than the one.

    Ned

    Ned H., Aug 4, 2005
  4. Ned H.

    Ted Guest

    Check the shares.
    And check permissions.
    If all OK, try share the whole drive, see what happens.

    Ted, Aug 4, 2005
  5. Ned H.

    Ned H. Guest

    I fiddled with quite a few things. It seems to be working now, except for
    printing. I don't know what I did, but until it breaks again, I will leave
    well enough alone.

    Thanks.

    Ned H., Aug 5, 2005
  6. Ned H.

    Ted Guest

    >except for printing

    Be sure the printer is shared.
    File and Print sharing is set on.
    If above is OK: either turn the printer Off then ON,
    or delete and Add a new printer.

    Ted, Aug 5, 2005