Sharing of Printers not working on 1 PC

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXN0aW5l?=, Jan 25, 2007.

  1. I have a wireless network of 3 PCs and one laptop. All PCs run XP Home SP2.
    Laptop runs XP Pro SP2. Printer sharing is "on" for all printers.
    PCs:
    Basement - zebra label printer and Canon MP
    Bedroom - HP Deskjet
    Den - Dell printer

    DSL modem is attached to Basement PC, with router sending signal to rest of
    network. Basement PC can print to either of other 2 network printers.
    Bedroom and Den PCs can print to each other's printer. Laptop can print to
    Bedroom and Den printers. Bedroom, Den and Laptop CANNOT print to Basement
    PC. When attempting to install the Basement printers, the Add Printer Wizard
    finds the name of the printers, but when I highlight the selection, a message
    of "Error:Access is denied" appears in the Printer Information box. Double
    clicking the printer or clicking on "Next" brings up a dialog box that says
    Connect to Basement and wants me to enter a password for the Guest account on
    Basement printer. Guest account is not active, therefore there is no
    password. Does the Guest account need to be active? It also seems that
    files on the Basement PC that are set to be Shared are not showing up on the
    other machines. However, file sharing is not as important as being able to
    use the printers. Would settle for just that working.

    I'm not sure what the problem is. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thank you
    Christine

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXN0aW5l?=, Jan 25, 2007