Sharing my printer within my network...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by flomers@hello.com, Mar 28, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Can someone tell me how to do what pcbutts writes about below? How do I set
    up a user account to share a printer on another computer?
    Thanks in advance!
    Joe

    Dave forgot to add that you need a user account setup on the sharing
    computer for each of the computers that are going to be using the printer.

    <> wrote in message news:42459c4c$1_5@127.0.0.1...
    > Thank you. Just one more question please. The instructions you provided
    > don't state at which computer I carry them out at. Does it matter whether
    > carry them out at the hub computer? Or should I carry it out at the
    > computer
    > that I want to access the printer from? Or...can I carry out the
    > instructions from any computer within the network? Thanks again!

    , Mar 28, 2005

  2. JANA Guest

    If you look in the Windows Help system, there is a lot of good information
    about printers, sharing, and networking. It will take some time to read, but
    it will work if followed through.

    The text below are samples from the Windows Help system.

    To install Microsoft Service for File and Printer Sharing for NetWare
    Networks

    Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    Double-click Network.
    On the Configuration tab, click Add.
    Click Service, and then click Add.
    In Select Network Services, click File and printer sharing for NetWare
    Networks.

    To share your printer

    Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Printers.
    Click the printer you want to share.
    On the File menu, click Properties.
    Click the Sharing tab, and then click Shared As.

    Notes

    If the Sharing tab is not visible, you need to enable file and print sharing
    services.

    To Set Up A Printer For Sharing On The Guest Machine, That Will Use The One
    On The Host

    Click Start, point to Settings, click Printers, and then double-click Add
    Printer.
    Follow the instructions on the screen.
    If you want to print a test page, first make sure your printer is on and
    ready to print.

    Note
    If you want to use a shared network printer, you can set it up quickly by
    browsing for it in Network Neighborhood, clicking the printer's icon, and
    then clicking Install on the File menu.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    <> wrote in message news:42474221$1_2@127.0.0.1...
    > Can someone tell me how to do what pcbutts writes about below? How do I

    set
    > up a user account to share a printer on another computer?
    > Thanks in advance!
    > Joe
    >

    > Dave forgot to add that you need a user account setup on the sharing
    > computer for each of the computers that are going to be using the printer.

    > <> wrote in message news:42459c4c$1_5@127.0.0.1...
    > > Thank you. Just one more question please. The instructions you provided
    > > don't state at which computer I carry them out at. Does it matter

    whether
    > > carry them out at the hub computer? Or should I carry it out at the
    > > computer
    > > that I want to access the printer from? Or...can I carry out the
    > > instructions from any computer within the network? Thanks again!

    News==----

    Newsgroups

    =----
    JANA, Mar 28, 2005