Sharing Mozilla setups -Mandrake Linux/Windows

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Hallvard Tangeraas, Sep 14, 2004.

  1. I'm trying to figure out how to be able to access my Mozilla
    bookmarks/settings equally from either Windows ME or Mandrake Linux 10.0.
    There are two people using this computer.

    So far I've succeeded in reading/writing bookmarks regardless where I am.
    After creating two different Mozilla user-profiles when in Windows, I
    rebooted into Linux and created the same two users, then pointing to the
    same folder where I had put them in Windows ("My documents" folder) they
    were immediately recognized and not created from scratch. Therefore they
    point to the same users.

    I still have some problems though:

    1) I create a mail and news setup (i.e. entering the newsgroups I want to
    subscribe to etc.), then when I reboot into the other operating system it's
    all gone.

    2) I get serious cosmetic problems (graphics all messed up etc.) when using
    a themes different from the two default ones, even if I've downloaded the
    same theme to both operating systems/users.

    3) I've had a local web page as my startpage. This page is located in the
    "My documents" folder in Windows, but naturally Linux won't recognize the
    path "C:\windows\My documents\blahblahblah.html", and if I set it in Linux
    then Windows won't recognize the path "/mnt/windows/windows/My
    documents/blahblahblah.html", so how do I solve this?
    I suppose the problem with email and news might have to do with the same
    thing.

    Anyone succeeded in sharing Mozilla between Linux and Windows?

    Hallvard

    Hallvard Tangeraas, Sep 14, 2004