    gets a message "the username is invalid on the domain" and no connection is
    established. Any ideas, please.
    TIA
    Fiona, Nov 2, 2004

  2. Fiona wrote:

    > Can't work out how to share my Virgin adsl connection with another user, who
    > also has administrator status on XP Home. I created a shortcut to the
    > connection in Shared Documents. But when the other user clicks it she just
    > gets a message "the username is invalid on the domain" and no connection is
    > established. Any ideas, please.
    > TIA

    Have you run the Internet Connection Sharing wizard?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 2, 2004

  3. Fiona

    Brian Guest

    "Fiona" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Can't work out how to share my Virgin adsl connection with another user,

    who
    > also has administrator status on XP Home. I created a shortcut to the
    > connection in Shared Documents. But when the other user clicks it she just
    > gets a message "the username is invalid on the domain" and no connection

    is
    > established. Any ideas, please.
    > TIA

    now.. when you(or whoever) set up that connection did you/they say "allow
    evereyone on computer to be able to use the connection" or "just personal
    use"?..
    my tip... set it up again..
    Brian, Nov 2, 2004
  4. Fiona

    Fiona Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message

    > "Fiona" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >
    > now.. when you(or whoever) set up that connection did you/they say "allow
    > evereyone on computer to be able to use the connection" or "just personal
    > use"?..
    > my tip... set it up again..

    Thank you both. Will try later, it's now 6AM.
    Fiona, Nov 3, 2004