    I've set up my home PC to share internet connection with two laptops using a
    wireless router, but I am not sure how to set up two PC's.

    Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaWE=?=, Jul 5, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaWE=?=

    Jim Guest

    "Patricia" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My sister just installed a cable modem on her new desktop computer. She
    > has
    > another computer in a bedroom and wants to share the internet connection.
    > So, how does she do this? Will just a router suffice?
    >
    > I've set up my home PC to share internet connection with two laptops using
    > wireless router, but I am not sure how to set up two PC's.
    >
    > Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

    Since laptops are really PCs, you would set her system up just like yours.

    She needs a wireless router. Configure the router using the CD which is
    included.

    Follow the instructions on the website of Pchuck or MVP Jack to setup the
    software side.

    Jim

    Jim, Jul 5, 2007

  3. Hi
    If the desktops are near the Router you can use a network cable and plug
    them into the Router (each router have 4 ports for wired computers)..
    Otherwise, you have to install Wireless cards in the desktops. Once you
    install the Wireless cards the desktop can be configured and work in the
    same manner as the Laptops. ( http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#wcard )
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jul 5, 2007
  4. Hi Jack.
    Assuming that it was essentially the same setup as my mine, I went ahead and
    installed the wireless router to my sister's computer (the one with the HSI).
    I brought my notebook computer in hopes that it would recognize her network,
    but no such luck. I assumed that if the client computer had a network
    adapter installed, I wouldn't need any additional hardware; guess I was
    wrong. So you suggest installing a wireless card to the client computer?

    Thanks for all your help (on this and other topics), and please forgive my
    ignorance on this subject. I hear terms like network adapter and network
    card and I get easily confused. Keep the suggestions and advice coming as I
    am still trying to figure this one out.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaWE=?=, Jul 21, 2007
  5. Hi Jack.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaWE=?=, Jul 21, 2007