    How do I do this?

    Thanks!

    Tmuld

    Tmuldoon, Jan 2, 2008

  2. Tmuldoon

    R T Guest

    Tmuldoon wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have two computers and a router. I want to share folders from each
    > computer.
    >
    > Right now, the networking is setup as a WORKGROUP. Both computers
    > have file and printer sharing enabled.
    >
    > I can search for the computer name of a computer on one - and it shows
    > up on the network - but I cannot see the folder I shared out.
    >
    > How do I do this?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Tmuld

    Dear,
    The Easy and Simple way to share files for you would be to use the
    "Network Setup Wizard" which is part of Windows XP.

    You can find it from:
    Start > All Programs > Accessories > Communication > Network Setup Wizard

    Follow the wizard and do it on all the systems you like to configure.

    Thanks

    R T, Jan 2, 2008

  3. Tmuldoon

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 11:33:51 -0800 (PST), Tmuldoon wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I have two computers and a router. I want to share folders from each
    >computer.
    >
    >Right now, the networking is setup as a WORKGROUP. Both computers
    >have file and printer sharing enabled.

    Remember to allow file sharing on your firewall (whatever you use)
    setup.

    You didn't say if it XP Pro or Home.

    >I can search for the computer name of a computer on one - and it shows
    >up on the network - but I cannot see the folder I shared out.
    >
    >How do I do this?

    Then type in the path to the share instead of using Win Explorer to
    search.

    \\computername\sharename

    search , or www.google.com here are some of the links again.

    How to configure file sharing in Windows XP
    The permissions are always inherited from the parent folder. •, On
    Windows XP Professional-based computers that have Simple File Sharing
    turned on and ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304040 - Similar pages

    How to disable simplified sharing and set permissions on a shared ...
    How to disable simplified sharing and set permissions on a shared folder
    in Windows XP. View products that this article applies to. ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307874 - Similar pages

    Windows XP Simple File Sharing
    If you're sharing an entire disk, Windows XP gives a warning. The
    implication of the warning is that it's better to share a specific
    folder, since only that ...
    www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm - 121k - Cached
    - Similar pages

    Sharing Disks and Folders on Windows XP
    (see also Windows XP Simple Sharing and ForceGuest of the Windows XP
    Professional Resource Kit ) ... The process of sharing a disk or folder
    is identical ...
    www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/wxppntsh.html - 33k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    BTW the last lot of home networking links was posted not so very long
    ago in 24hshd, only 8 topics up (not counting any spam).

    From: why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: Re: Going Wireless
    Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 12:40:14 GMT

    >Thanks!
    >
    >Tmuld

    Me

    why?, Jan 2, 2008
  4. Tmuldoon

    richard Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I have two computers and a router. I want to share folders from each
    >computer.
    >
    >Right now, the networking is setup as a WORKGROUP. Both computers
    >have file and printer sharing enabled.
    >
    >I can search for the computer name of a computer on one - and it shows
    >up on the network - but I cannot see the folder I shared out.
    >
    >How do I do this?
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >Tmuld

    Have you set each computer's IP to a different one?
    one should be like 192.168.0.1 and the other 192.168.0.2.
    That's generally the problem when one won't recognize the other as you
    think it should.

    richard, Jan 3, 2008