    that do show up on the satellite's Network Places were configured by me some
    time ago for sharing. The ones that do not show up were just configured for
    sharing today. What am I overlooking? Any guidance would be appreciated.

    Terry Smerling, Mar 25, 2005

  2. Terry Smerling

    Malke Guest

    Terry Smerling wrote:

    > I am having trouble creating access to certain shared folders on my
    > home
    > network. On the principle computer I have configured a variety of
    > folders for sharing, and they show up as such in Network Places on
    > that computer. But on my brand new "satellite" computer, i.e. the one
    > which needs access to
    > the shared files, some of the folders show up and others don't. The
    > ones that do show up on the satellite's Network Places were configured
    > by me some
    > time ago for sharing. The ones that do not show up were just
    > configured for
    > sharing today. What am I overlooking? Any guidance would be
    > appreciated.

    Since you haven't told us anything about your network setup or what
    operating systems you're running, you can't get specific advice. Here
    are links to help you with networking:

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/network_protocols.htm
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm (Home)
    (Pro)
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/troubleshoot_index.htm

    Wireless Network Setup Wizard SP2

    Wireless Information
    Wireless - Basic Configuration -

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Mar 25, 2005

  3. Terry Smerling

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    There are so many things that can cause this that it is hard o know where to
    start.

    In the middle of this page there is info about what you can expect from your
    Wireless hardware.

    Wireless hardware: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html

    This page has instructions for configuration.

    This one discusses Extending the Range.

    And or, optimize your TCP/IP Stack.

    http://www.ezlan.net/Internet_Speed.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Mar 25, 2005
  4. My oversight. I apologize. Both the computers in question are running
    Windows XP. The principal machine is WinXP Pro, and the satellite machine
    is WinXP Media Center.

    Terry Smerling, Mar 25, 2005