    whole process and would like to read about it further. Are there any good
    guides to the process available on the net? Alteratively, could somebody
    describe the basic process? Thanks in advance.
    C Tate, Apr 1, 2005

  2. C Tate

    kapil [MSFT] Guest

    This link here has information on file sharing for Windows XP home edition.
    For file sharing to work you essentially need to have a small network setup
    that includes the two computers. This article outlines this process
    and is divided into eight parts ( part 7 deals with file sharing). Here is
    the link.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;814004 ( part 7)

    You can find links to the other parts in the reference section at the end of
    the article.

    kapil [MSFT], Apr 1, 2005

  3. i would suggest that you map network drives instead of sharing the files over
    the network. it is much better i think. cause then those drives just show up
    under my computer. after you have set up your home network you can just
    simply right click on my computer and go to map network drive. when the
    window opens up to select your drive letter and then use the browse button
    next to the folder drop down menu and navigate to the other computer and find
    the drive on that computer you want to accses... ... i think that is the
    easiest way to do it but... thats just me:) oh yeah and to create a home
    network you dont have to do the whole taking a flash usb drive to each
    computer just run the same wizard you did on the first computer on the second
    computer and use the same Network name and there ya go you have a home
    network... dont let it confuse you too much its simple:)

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9zaWFo?=, Apr 4, 2005