    mapping?
    Sorry this has been so long. The Wxp always sees the laptop files.
    Bert
    Bert, Apr 12, 2005

  2. Bert

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi
    Let say that we have one computer name Jack and another computer name Nick.
    Once you set the Network and the Network Sharing you can map the Drive C: of Nick on
    Jack (you do the mapping from Jack) and assign to it the letter N (or any other
    available letter).
    Once you do this Computer Jack has an additional drive name N: that let you do every
    thing that you can do with a drive (copy, move, delete, open file, Burn CD, listen to
    music etc. ) as though Nick’s C: is actually on Jack (provided it was set to allow
    sharing.)
    You can also map on Computer Nick a network drive with the letter J using Jack’s C:
    Drive and you would have a drive J: that let you use Jack’s Drive C: on Nick.
    How to map? Log to Windows Native Help, enter the term Mapped Drive and it will guide
    you through the process.
    Floppy, CD-ROM, ZIP, and USB drives can be similarly be mapped too.
    The above is a quote from:( http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html ).
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Apr 12, 2005