    set this network up?
    Thanks,
    chas638

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2hhczYzOA==?=, May 15, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Y2hhczYzOA==?=

    Malke Guest

    chas638 wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I have a desktop (WinXP Pro)that's directly connected to the wirelss
    > router and a laptop (Win XP Media) that is wireless. I had no problem
    > setting them up to access the router, my DSL modem and the internet. I
    > can't find information that will allow me to share files and printers
    > from the wireless laptop to the wired desktop that the printers are
    > connected to and I would like to share files back and forth. Is there
    > a site or instructions on how to set this network up?
    > Thanks,
    > chas638

    Please see my rather detailed answer to your first post. Please do not
    make a new post for the same question only a few minutes apart (3
    minutes in your case). Wait at least 24 hours. Any questions should be
    posted to your original thread.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, May 15, 2006

  3. An easy way to set it up is just to run the Network Setup Wizard at:

    Start > [All] Programs > Accessories > Communications > Network Setup Wizard

    You've obviously already done most of that set up, but just go through that
    wizard anyway. Later it'll ask if you want to enable file and printer
    sharing. After you do, you'll be all set to just:

    Right-click on any folder or printer (within the printers folder in Control
    Panel) and adjust the Sharing information.

    Windows XP's help center has more details. Just open up Start > Help and
    Support, and type Share Printer or Share Files in the search box at the top.

    Shawn

    =?Utf-8?B?U2hhd24gS2VlbmU=?=, May 15, 2006
  4. Hello,
    I'm sorry about the mutible posts. The first one I forgot to check notify me
    of replies. I won't make that mistake again.
    Thank you,
    chas638

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2hhczYzOA==?=, May 15, 2006