    from my PC, cannot open documents on my PC on my laptop. I use a wireless
    connection between my two computers. I can go on line from my laptop so I
    know that I am connected. any help would be appreciated.
    =?Utf-8?B?c2liZWVy?=, Oct 8, 2005

  2. I have the same problem and I also need help on this topic. A "way" to get
    around this based on my observation is, to create a virtual CD containing the
    data you want to use. In the long run this is of couse not the solution.
    Turi

    =?Utf-8?B?VHVyaQ==?=, Oct 9, 2005

  3. Thanks for your thoughts. I just cannot get an answer from anywhere. To stop
    my frustration I think I will hire someone to solve the problem.

    =?Utf-8?B?c2liZWVy?=, Oct 9, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?c2liZWVy?=

    Ajay Agrawal Guest

    You did not provide enough information, like what OS you running etc. Are
    you running XP Professional SP2? What is the OS at your desktop?

    If you are running XP SP2 on your laptop, make sure that File sharing is not
    blocked by firewall. You can try disabling firewall at your laptop.

    You can find more info at:
    http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm

    Thanks,
    -Ajay

    Ajay Agrawal, Oct 10, 2005
  5. I am using Windows XP Home SP2 on both my laptop and my PC. I have disabled
    the firewall on both my PC an laptop.

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?c2liZWVy?=, Oct 10, 2005
  6. Back on the 8th of the month I ask if anyone could help me with a file
    sharing program and oustated that you had a similar problem. I have solved my
    problem and this information might be of help to you.
    After much trying I found out my problem was caused by PC-cillin Internet
    Security 2005. The firewall in the program prevented me from sharing files
    from my laptop to my PC. If you use PC-cillin that may be the problem. If not
    you might try elininating the firewall you are using or any other software
    firewall you have on your machine and depend on the firewall of your router.
    You may have to play around for a while but I think this may resolve your
    problem. If you use PC-cillin you cannot close the firewall from the main
    screen as this will also disable your anti-virus program. You have to disable
    from the program files. If you need help in this let me know and I will give
    you step by step help.

    =?Utf-8?B?c2liZWVy?=, Oct 18, 2005