    and looked at many other sites but still nothing. Looked at what "Jack
    (MVP_Networking) and still nothing.
    Jacques

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFjcXVlcw==?=, Oct 19, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmFjcXVlcw==?=

    David Hettel Guest

    With home only certain folders can be shared, you can't for example share
    your C:\ drive at the root level. With home you can not set permissions on a
    per user base, if something is shared it's shared to all who have access to
    the network. You might want to check your names, try only using A to Z, a
    to z, and 0 to 9. No spaces in names, and make sure no two computers have
    more than the first three letters in their name the same.

    If you are using names as in \\office\ can you ping \\office\ from the other
    computer by name? Does it return the correct IP address of office? What
    happens if you used the IP address such as \\192.168.0.101\ to browse the
    computer?

    --
    David Hettel

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    confers no rights

    David Hettel, Oct 19, 2006

  3. Hi David
    I did a ping from my laptop to 192.168.2.11 and 192.168.2.11 both returned
    ok. my desktop has folder \\office . but my laptop will not open to it. I
    see the network and they have both icons (2 computers) ( I see this from both
    networks) the desktop can see \\laptop and scan the folders shared their.
    Everything else works, printer sharing. All firewalls are down. still get
    the same error.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFjcXVlcw==?=, Oct 20, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SmFjcXVlcw==?=

    mostgear

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    mostgear.com/en/Easy_Lan_Folder_Share_Detail.aspx

    hope this helps.

    mostgear, Mar 13, 2009