    use that CD -ROM to put the files onto the older machine?

    Thanks in advance,

    Gary
    Gary Glencross, Nov 6, 2003

  2. Gary Glencross

    DH Guest

    "Gary Glencross" <> wrote in message
    news:boc4ke$hk3$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to set up a wireless network, but I can't install the drivers

    and
    > set up the card on my older Win98SE machine because the CD-Rom doesn't

    work.

    > Is there any way I can connect it to my laptop via USB or another method

    and
    > use that CD -ROM to put the files onto the older machine?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Gary

    An easier way may be to go to the website of the card manufacturer and
    download the most recent drivers.

    There are many alternatives; parallel to parallel, usb to usb, .... but the
    simplest is probably (assuming that you have network cards in both boxes) a
    cross-over cable between the nics.

    If you need further instructions on how to setup a network, repost.

    HIH,

    Dave H.
    DH, Nov 6, 2003

  3. Gary Glencross

    Jerry G. Guest

    There are many options. The best is to put a network card in each machine,
    and use a peer-to-peer cable if there is no router, hub, or switch
    involved. Set the networking for NetBUI, to keep it simple. The Work Group
    names have to be the same, and the names of the machines have to be
    different.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    Jerry G., Nov 6, 2003
  4. Gary Glencross

    Neil Green Guest

    Easiest, cheapest solution is to buy a CDROM drive!
    Neil

    Neil Green, Nov 7, 2003