    etc. All I want to share is the connection.

    I'm a little out of my depth here methinks so if some one could point
    me in the right direction I'd love it! thanks
    Explodin' Eddie, Jul 19, 2006

  2. Explodin' Eddie

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Explodin' Eddie wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I'm getting a broadband connection for my desktop. I'm wondering now
    > what is involved to use the same connection wirelessly with my laptop?
    >
    > I'm looking at wireless routers and it struck me that I don't even know
    > where to begin. If anyone can help it'd be great.
    >
    > If I want to use my laptop to connect to the internet do I need to set
    > up a home network or can I "split" the connection from the modem, 1
    > side going to the PC and the other going wirelessly to whereever there
    > is an enabled laptop?
    >
    > I don't really need a full blow home network i.e. file/ printer sharing
    > etc. All I want to share is the connection.
    >
    > I'm a little out of my depth here methinks so if some one could point
    > me in the right direction I'd love it! thanks

    You simple get a Linksys WRT54G wire/wireless AP router and plug it into
    the modem.
    You plug the wire computer into a LAN port of the router. Of course, the
    wireless computer
    will be using the wireless side of the router.

    You may have to have the router's MAC provisioned with the ISP.
    If the ISP is doing MAC authentiaction, you can take one of your
    computer's NIC MAC
    that has already been provisioned with the ISP and enter it into the
    router's Admin screens,
    which will present that MAC to the ISP, as if the computer was
    presenting it.

    With the WRT54G, it meets the specs for (What does a FW do?) in the link
    provided in regards to a packet filtering FW router.

    http://www.vicomsoft.com/knowledge/reference/firewalls1.html

    You can use Wallwatcher to watch traffic to and from the router, as
    someone can join your wireless network and use it. They can also be all
    over the top of your machines wireless or wired.

    http://www.sonic.net/wallwatcher/

    http://netsecurity.about.com/cs/wireless/a/aa112203_2.htm

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jul 19, 2006

  3. Duane Arnold <"Do forget about it"@PleaeDo.BET> wrote:

    > >.

    You don't have any friends you can talk to about these things?

    > You simple get a Linksys WRT54G wire/wireless AP router and plug it
    > into the modem.

    Life is simple; people are complicated.

    > You plug the wire computer into a LAN port of the router.

    You are asking for trouble making changes like that.

    > Of course, the wireless computer will be using the wireless side of
    > the router.

    You have spyware.

    > >.

    I paid six thousand dollars for these seats. I don't have to put up with
    this.

    > Hi i have recently just come out 2 most of my friends and some family
    > that i am gay but now i am so worried about my first time incase im
    > rubbish or shy. Please help i need some advice thanks

    There's always suicide, Arnold.

    > You may have to have the router's MAC provisioned with the ISP.

    I don't know what to write that would make you feel better, so why don't
    I just give you a hug?

    > If the ISP is doing MAC authentiaction, you can take one of your
    > computer's NIC MAC that has already been provisioned with the ISP and
    > enter it into the router's Admin screens, which will present that MAC
    > to the ISP, as if the computer was presenting it.

    Maybe I can, but I prefer not to take one of my computer's nic mac that
    has already been provisioned with the isp.

    > >.

    Fanny pirate.

    > With the WRT54G, it meets the specs for (What does a FW do?) in the
    > link provided in regards to a packet filtering FW router.

    Format and reinstall.

    > >.

    Idiot without vision.

    > http://www.vicomsoft.com/knowledge/reference/firewalls1.html.

    Puerile.

    > Those of us in despised, torturous relationships have reasons to stay
    > in them, you know.

    Now that's a revelation, Arnold.

    > >.

    ARSEHOLE.

    > I worry, worry, worry and

    It could be worse; you could have got a cold instead, Arnold.

    > You can use Wallwatcher to watch traffic to and from the router, as
    > someone can join your wireless network and use it.

    It gives me anxiety to be yelled at.

    > They can also be all over the top of your machines wireless or wired.

    My God, you look terrible. Did you get any sleep last night?

    > >.

    You ain't seen nothing yet.

    > http://www.sonic.net/wallwatcher/.

    I don't care where you come from.

    > >.

    Whining pussy.

    > I get burning sensations during intercourse.

    Suicide will free you from personal pain, anguish, depression, debt and
    fear, Arnold

    > http://netsecurity.

    Got any money? Go and get a liver transplant.

    > about.com/cs/wireless/a/aa112203_2.htm.

    I know one union representative and he's a terrible person. I wouldn't
    trust any of them.

    > I HAVE SOCIAL PHOBIA.

    Do you have any friends you can talk to about it, Arnold? Scratch that.
    Stupid question.

    > >.

    I was mortified.

    > At the moment our relationship isn't going so good. We hardly talk to
    > each other.. I still try to not have any feelings for her at all. I
    > don't trust her anymore. She's complaining that she's so down in the
    > dumps. But that's not fair! I've been more down in the dumps than she
    > has, yet she can use it as an excuse for what she did.

    You should be more concerned about being unable to control your bodily
    functions.

    > Duane :).

    Ask around.

    > Oh my gosh im going crazy!!!! I have night sweats and soo much
    > stress!!!!

    Why bother to keep on going, Arnold? You cannot get through life on your
    own strength. You will keep failing and you will go deeper and deeper
    into despair. Kill yourself.
    ++Nyehad Erebnyef++, Jul 19, 2006
  4. Explodin' Eddie

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Do ignore the lunatic, it's just K-Hen wanting attention that I am not
    going to give her.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jul 19, 2006
  5. Explodin' Eddie

    Clogwog Guest

    Duane Arnold" <"Do forget about it wrote:
    > Do ignore the lunatic, it's just K-Hen wanting attention that I am not
    > going to give her.
    >
    > Duane :)

    K-man is in China, remember! you stupid tit!
    lol Even a bot can affect your delusions, huh!, BuHANE ;-)
    Clogwog, Jul 19, 2006
  6. Explodin' Eddie

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Re: Do ignore any low-level tramp posting in the thread

    The low-level tramp's stuff is being ignored.
    Duane Arnold, Jul 19, 2006