    system is an issue, it can all be upgraded to W2000 or XP.

    If not running Wireless, what hardware are required?

    Many thanks in advance.

    my name, Apr 5, 2004

  2. Good day My Name. Well to answer your question you will need a computer
    running XP Pro or Win2K Pro. If you are going WiFi you will need wireless
    ethernet adapters, WiFi router, and WiFi access points if needed. When
    buying the adapters you need to make sure that the adapters are set for your
    network. Meaning; 802.11a, 802.11b, or 802.11g adapters for the WiFi router
    you are buying. Going wired 10/100 Ethernet adapters will do. Search on
    GOOGLE for prices on these items. And I would NOT run Win98 on my WiFi
    network due to security issues. Now when setting up your network either
    wired or wireless the primary PC MUST BE Win2K Pro or XP Pro operating
    systems. Win98 you will have to install Internet Sharing Connection on the
    Win98 OS. And that should do it. Have Fun!!

    Computer Doctor, Apr 5, 2004

  3. my name

    Wizard Guest

    As usual, this is mostly nonsense.

    Wizard, Apr 5, 2004
  4. my name

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Wizard <> wrote in news:4071AE41.46688E45
    @stinking.ads.com:

    > As usual, this is mostly nonsense.

    Entirely agreed. You don't need Windows 2000 Pro or XP Pro to use Internet
    Connection Sharing and share a net connection. 98SE will do fine, so will
    ME. Security issues with using 98 on a wireless network? No less secure
    than using 2000 on a wireless network.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, Apr 5, 2004
  5. You guys know nothing about networking when it comes to Microsoft operating
    systems. You should not or even recommend doing internet sharing with Win98
    or ME with WiFi. You can place the best Firewall software within the
    operating system and it will not protect against hackers I agree. And
    further more Microsoft states in a TechNet article WHEN STARTING INTERNET
    SHARING THE MAIN PC OS MUST BE WINDOWS 2000 OR WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL!
    Bottom line! So before you guys start giving advise on something you think
    you know READ about it first.

    Computer Doctor, Apr 6, 2004
  6. my name

    Plato Guest

    Computer Doctor wrote:

    > You guys know nothing about networking when it comes to Microsoft operating

    Lookup in your phone book:

    Computers | Service | Repair And Service to fix your problem.

    as you need lots of help.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Apr 6, 2004
  7. my name

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Computer Doctor wrote:

    > You guys know nothing about networking when it comes to Microsoft operating
    > systems. You should not or even recommend doing internet sharing with Win98
    > or ME with WiFi. You can place the best Firewall software within the
    > operating system and it will not protect against hackers I agree. And
    > further more Microsoft states in a TechNet article WHEN STARTING INTERNET
    > SHARING THE MAIN PC OS MUST BE WINDOWS 2000 OR WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL!
    > Bottom line! So before you guys start giving advise on something you think
    > you know READ about it first.

    And before you give advice on what can and can not work, get a bit of
    experience in the field.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus