    connection settings on the host computer but the client computer still can't
    connect or won't connect. I'm not sure what connection i should be using to
    connect the client computer to the internet?? I need help, please.

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlhbQ==?=, Sep 18, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlhbQ==?=

    Gordon Guest

    "William" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I currently have a wireless network set up between my two wirelessly enable
    > laptops. One of them is connected to the internet via a USB modem.

    Is this a USB ADSL Modem? If so then you'd be far better off getting a
    wireless ADSL Modem/Router.

    Gordon, Sep 18, 2006

  3. Re: Sharing an internet connection over two wirelessly connected l

    Yes it's a USB ADSL Modem. But is it not possible to use just an ad hoc
    network to connect to the internet using two computers?? That's what i'm
    trying to do.

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlhbQ==?=, Sep 18, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlhbQ==?=

    Gordon Guest

    "William" <> wrote in message
    > Yes it's a USB ADSL Modem. But is it not possible to use just an ad hoc
    > network to connect to the internet using two computers?? That's what i'm
    > trying to do.
    >
    > "Gordon" wrote:
    >
    >> "William" <> wrote in message
    >> >I currently have a wireless network set up between my two wirelessly
    >> >enable
    >> > laptops. One of them is connected to the internet via a USB modem.

    >> Is this a USB ADSL Modem? If so then you'd be far better off getting a
    >> wireless ADSL Modem/Router.

    Well it ought to be.......what isn't working?

    Gordon, Sep 18, 2006
  5. Re: Sharing an internet connection over two wirelessly connected l

    I dont have an internet gateway or anything like that appearing in my Network
    Connections. I dont know why??

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlhbQ==?=, Sep 18, 2006
  6. Re: Sharing an internet connection over two wirelessly connected l

    On the host computer the wireless connection settings should appear wrong or
    incomplete. What you might do is disable ICS on the USB modem, reboot this
    computer and then re-enable it on the USB modem connection, choosing the
    wireless network card. The wireless card on the computer running ICS should
    only have an IP address of 192.168.0.1 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0
    listed. ICS will only work with these values, changing them or adding to
    them will break ICS. Your other computer will need to be configured to
    192.168.0.xxx space with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and a gateway
    address of 192.168.0.1 DNS should also point to 192.168.0.1

    --
    David Hettel
    Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    David Hettel MVP MobileDevices, Sep 18, 2006
  7. Re: Sharing an internet connection over two wirelessly connected l

    Thanks David and Gordon. I got the problem fixed, the ip gateway weren't the
    same so i changed them to make them the same and now it works. Cheers guys.

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlhbQ==?=, Sep 18, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlhbQ==?=

    Gordon Guest

    "William" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks David and Gordon. I got the problem fixed, the ip gateway weren't
    > the
    > same so i changed them to make them the same and now it works. Cheers
    > guys.

    Glad you fixed it - it would be a good idea to budget for a wireless ADSL
    Modem/Router anyway in the near future a) because you would not need two
    machines turned on to access the internet from one, and b) because you would
    then benefit from a NATS firewall in the router......

    Gordon, Sep 18, 2006
  9. Re: Sharing an internet connection over two wirelessly connected l

    Yeah, cheers. I'l be getting one in the next couple of months. I just wanted
    to setup this connection just so that i could say that i could do it. Thanks
    again for your help.

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlhbQ==?=, Sep 18, 2006