    reconfigure my wireless adapter to his router? Don't understand how this
    works. Thanks in advance for any help in understanding and configuring if I
    need!

    =?Utf-8?B?Qi5KLg==?=, May 20, 2006

  2. Aloha B.J.,

    If you're connecting to it then you're already configured to his router.
    How far away from his router is your machine? Through a lot of thick walls?

    -Ben-
    Ben M. Schorr, MVP
    Roland Schorr & Tower
    http://www.rolandschorr.com
    Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html

    Ben M. Schorr - MVP, May 20, 2006

  3. Thanks! His hook up and router is upstairs and I am downstairs, so that is
    probbly the reason. When I leave here in a few weeks, I will be going to my
    other son's in another state. He has broadband, but not router. I have my
    router with me, how do I connect to his service? Can I hook my router to his
    modem?

    =?Utf-8?B?Qi5KLg==?=, May 20, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Qi5KLg==?=

    Malke Guest

    B.J. wrote:

    > Thanks! His hook up and router is upstairs and I am downstairs, so
    > that is
    > probbly the reason. When I leave here in a few weeks, I will be
    > going to my
    > other son's in another state. He has broadband, but not router. I
    > have my
    > router with me, how do I connect to his service? Can I hook my router
    > to his modem?

    Buy your son a router. Install it for him - just read the directions
    that come with it. Then he will be safer and you can connect wirelessly
    when you are there. When you leave, he'll have the additional security
    you get with a router and everyone will be happy.

    Linksys Learning Center - http://tinyurl.com/8ka4w

    Wireless - Basic Configuration -

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, May 20, 2006
  5. Thanks! Had thought about doing just that. Will do! Appreciate the help!

    =?Utf-8?B?Qi5KLg==?=, May 20, 2006