Sharing a T-Bird profile?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Pun Krocker, Nov 20, 2006.

  1. Pun Krocker

    Pun Krocker Guest

    Hi,

    Trying to share my profile folder with no success!

    I have my Mozilla profiles on a spare partition and they work fine in
    XP. I have recently installed Vista to my second drive and can switch
    between them easily using the bios boot priority (2 sata drives).

    Vista will not look a the profile, it always makes it's own as a sub
    dir of the folder I am pointing it to.

    [General]
    StartWithLastProfile=1

    [Profile0]
    Name=default
    IsRelative=0
    Path=s:\mozilla_profiles\thunderbird\default.9f0
    Default=1

    Above is what works in XP, but not in Vista.

    Any ideas would be great.

    Thanks

    --
    P~K
    It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny

    Pun Krocker, Nov 20, 2006

  2. Pun Krocker wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Trying to share my profile folder with no success!
    >
    > I have my Mozilla profiles on a spare partition and they work fine in
    > XP. I have recently installed Vista to my second drive and can switch
    > between them easily using the bios boot priority (2 sata drives).
    >
    > Vista will not look a the profile, it always makes it's own as a sub dir
    > of the folder I am pointing it to.
    >
    > [General]
    > StartWithLastProfile=1
    >
    > [Profile0]
    > Name=default
    > IsRelative=0
    > Path=s:\mozilla_profiles\thunderbird\default.9f0
    > Default=1
    >
    > Above is what works in XP, but not in Vista.
    >
    > Any ideas would be great.
    >
    > Thanks

    Here is a MozillaZine Forum thread about profile sharing between
    Windows/Linux, it might be of some help.

    Would it work just to share the mail/news data, which can be set via the
    Local Directory field in Account Settings? I do that on a newtwork drive
    to share the data among multiple computers, Mac's, Windows and Linux.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 20, 2006

  3. Pun Krocker

    Pun Krocker Guest

    On 20/11/2006 at 19:53:16 Leonidas Jones wrote :
    > Would it work just to share the mail/news data, which can be set via the
    > Local Directory field in Account Settings?

    Cheers Lee, that will do nicely, the simple things just slip by
    sometimes :)

    Thank you.

    Pun Krocker, Nov 21, 2006