    uyp to my ethernet port (as disabled) and wont detect the connection through
    my wireless PCI card. It be helpful if i could easly share files too so i
    dont have to burn 1,000 cds. thanx. p.s. i'm a novice, easy on the lingo.
    =?Utf-8?B?TWNMcm4yMjc=?=, Dec 19, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWNMcm4yMjc=?=

    Tanya Guest

    Here is a good place to start
    http://forums.practicallynetworked.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=833
    Tanya, Dec 19, 2004

  3. this actually didn't help but i tweaked the crap out of it and got it workin.
    I had to go deep into the configure utility for norton firewall and manually
    permit the inbound and outbound NetBios and a couple other things but only to
    the computers of the IP addresses I specified. If anyone else is running
    windows XP and Norton Firewall and can't get their file sharing to work then
    let me know, I'll explain in depth what I did. Thanx

    =?Utf-8?B?TWNMcm4yMjc=?=, Dec 19, 2004
  4. I have much the same problem and hope you can help. I have a main computer
    with a Linksys WRT54GS router wired through the ethernet connection and a
    laptop with a WPC54G wireless adapter. Both computers are running XPsp2. I
    can share files perfectly both ways (i.e. laptop to main and main to laptop)
    but I cannot access the internet (dialup connection) or share the printer
    from the laptop. I did install the proper printer driver on the laptop. I
    also am running the Norton Internet Security firewall. Any help you can send
    along will be greatly appreciated. Also a novice here so general terms
    greatly appreciated too!! LOL

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaE1hcmlvbk9oaW8=?=, Dec 19, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TWNMcm4yMjc=?=

    Tanya Guest

    Firewalls can be a problem. Just thought you didn't have the network setup
    correctly. Helps to mention what you have done. It is still a good place to
    start so you can eliminate a few things.

    Tanya, Dec 19, 2004
  6. I have exactly the same problem with you.

    I have WRT54GS Wireless-G broadband router installed and I have a new laptop
    sony vaio k series with norton anti virus. I don't know if this is the same
    as norton firewall you're talking with.

    Anyway, I was able to access the internet with my laptop but I can't see my
    files in the desktop. When I view workgroup computers from my laptop, nothing
    appears. If I view workgroup computers from my destop it will show the two
    computers but can't access the laptop, because the network path was not found.

    All I want to do is to be able to access files in both computers.

    Your help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Roel

    =?Utf-8?B?U2hhcmluZyBmaWxlcw==?=, Dec 20, 2004
  7. I have exactly the same problem with you.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2hhcmluZyBmaWxlcw==?=, Dec 20, 2004
  8. I have exactly the same problem with you.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2hhcmluZyBmaWxlcw==?=, Dec 20, 2004
  9. www.careyholzman.com/netfixes.htm

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Dec 20, 2004