sharing a printer between a machine running Windows Vista and WindowsXP

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by s, Sep 23, 2009.

  1. s

    s Guest

    I want to share a HP Deskjet printer which is locally connected to the
    machine running Windows Vista to another computer running Windows XP
    through the network.

    I do as mentioned on http://www.home-network-help.com/vista-printer-sharing.html

    At the third step on the link when I click on "Turn on Printer
    Sharing" and click the Apply button, it does not work. It reverts to
    the "Turn Off Printer Sharing"

    I do not have administrator privileges on that machine which I suspect
    could be the reason. Am I understanding correctly?

    Is there any way to do that if you do not have administrative
    privileges on Vista?

    Can someone please clarify?

    Thanks

    s, Sep 23, 2009