    choice of getting the files off the internet? Am I supposed to put in the
    printer's install CD? What if the printer I am sharing didn't come with an
    install CD? Thanks Bob
    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9i?=, Oct 3, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Qm9i?=

    Gordon Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a wireless home network with XP. I told my printers to be shared.
    > go to one of my PCs and try to add a printer, it sees it, but wants an
    > .inf
    > file locally from that PC. If I've never attached that printer to that PC
    > it
    > doesn't have any of that printer's drivers & files, etc. Why don't I have
    > choice of getting the files off the internet? Am I supposed to put in the
    > printer's install CD?

    yes

    > What if the printer I am sharing didn't come with an
    > install CD? Thanks Bob

    then download it from the maker's website....
    Gordon, Oct 3, 2007

  3. Hi
    Printers need drivers. Some time the drivers are already with the OS and
    then you do not need a separate source for the drivers.
    If it asks for drivers it means that it did not find it in the OS and it is
    needed to be provided externally.
    As suggested above, log to the Printer's manufacturer site and download the
    printer's driver for your OS.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 3, 2007