    Please advise.
    Thanks.
    Tony V
    =?Utf-8?B?VG9ueSBW?=, Aug 3, 2006

  2. "Tony V" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a DI-624 D-Link router with several computer. I was ablle to make my
    > USB-connected LEXMARK X1185 printer a shared printer. It is connected to
    > the
    > USB port on my DELL desktop.
    >
    > After a couple of minutes, when I check the Properties for it from another
    > computer (my GATEWAY PC), I receive the follwoing message: "Printer
    > properties cannot be displayed. The print spooler service is not running".
    >
    > If I try to open the printer queue, it shows the printer name with a
    > message
    > "Unable to connect".
    >
    > What did I do wrong? Why can't I maintain a connection to the shared
    > printer
    > from other computers on the newtrok?
    >
    > Please advise.
    > Thanks.
    > Tony V

    Uninstall the printer on the machine to which it is connected and install it
    again as a networked device. Next, uninstall it on the machines it isn't
    connected to and install it as a networked device there, too. It sounds like
    your printer has become screwed up. Also, go to start, run and type
    "sfc /scannow" (no quotes) and hit enter. Make sure your XP disk is in the
    drive before you do this. It checks all windows system files. After doing
    that, reboot the machine. It is more likely your printer installation is
    screwed but it could also be a windows system file error causing this.
    Diamontina Cocktail, Aug 3, 2006