    If there is another reason I am not printing, other than the drivers, please
    let me know. But if this is the problem, where can I find the x32 printer
    drivers for a Lexmark z32?

    Ned H., Aug 5, 2005

  2. Ned H.

    M. Murcek Guest

    "Ned H." <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am sharing a printer attached by a USB cable to my x64 computer with
    >other x32 XP Home computers on my network. While the printer shows up in
    >their printer and faxes area, nothing prints from those machines. Nothing
    >even shows up in the x64's queue I think it might be because there are
    >different printer drivers for x64 and x32. But I am not sure.
    >
    > If there is another reason I am not printing, other than the drivers,
    > please let me know. But if this is the problem, where can I find the x32
    > printer drivers for a Lexmark z32?

    Yes! I've seen this problem too, using Netgear and HP Ethernet print
    servers. Anybody want to give us a little primer on how to match driver
    versions across x86 and x64 Windows?

    M. Murcek, Aug 5, 2005

  3. What you have to do is
    1.) log in to the computer that has the printer defined with an
    administrative level account. (printer may be physically attached or via
    TCP/IP.)
    2.) Open Printers folder (start, printers and fax)
    3.) Highlight the printer you want to share to other architectures, and
    select Sharing from the File menu
    4.) if the printer isn't already shared, select Share this printer and type
    in a share name.
    5.) Click on Additional drivers, and check the box(es) for the
    architecture(s) you want to support.
    6.) Click OK. You'll be prompted for a printer driver
    7.) Insert your OS cd from the target architecture you want to add support
    for, and browse to the folder where "ntprint.inf" is. (\i386 on x86, \amd64
    on x64)
    8.) Select ntprint.inf, click OK, the driver will load, then click OK as
    necessary to get out. Your printer will now have a driver for the
    architecture you just added support for.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 5, 2005
  4. done.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 5, 2005
  5. Ned H.

    M. Murcek Guest

    Thank You, Charlie.

    M. Murcek, Aug 5, 2005
  6. Ned H.

    John Barnes Guest

    Very nice. Thanks :)

    John Barnes, Aug 5, 2005
  7. Blogged so you can point people to it in the future

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 5, 2005
  8. You're welcome. Blogged it so we can point to it later.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 5, 2005