    These seem to be contradictory ??

    help & advice please, aere my datafiles at risk ?

    Thanks

    KRK, Feb 14, 2009

  2. Hi
    Shared network folder are the Folders that are allowed to share across the
    Network.
    Files & folders I am sharing, are the Files and Folders shared among
    Users/Accounts on the specific computer.
    Network Shares, Local Users share, Two different things.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 15, 2009

  3. KRK

    KRK Guest

    Re: shared network folders - Thamks but....

    Jack, thanks for that, but does this mean my files are at risk ?

    Should I turn off sharing for the users folder, & if so how ?

    Why was it turned on in the 1st place ?

    Sorry to be a pain , but I'm totally confused by all the network jargon,
    risks, firewalls etc.

    Thanks again

    KRK, Feb 15, 2009