    to Shared Documents. If I would DND an existing folder to Shared
    Documents and place it as a shortcut, would it and the included files
    still show up (able to be modified) on my other devices?

    old guy, Feb 2, 2005

  2. Nope. the .lnk file would be shared,but not the redirection.

    Robert Jacobs, Feb 3, 2005

  3. old guy

    old guy Guest

    Robert Jacobs wrote:
    > Nope. the .lnk file would be shared,but not the redirection.
    >
    > "old guy" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Easy questions. I know I can share existing folders on my PC by drag/drop
    >>to Shared Documents. I am doing this by cpoying the folders to Shared
    >>Documents. If I would DND an existing folder to Shared Documents and place
    >>it as a shortcut, would it and the included files still show up (able to
    >>be modified) on my other devices?

    OK, can I share files and folders other than moving the actual files and
    folders to the Shared Document folder? Bonus - I think I understand,
    using my notebook, I can run programs on my PC through the network
    connection. Is this true and, if so, how do I do it? If easier, just
    direct me to a 'how-to' document.

    old guy, Feb 3, 2005
  4. Just right click on the file/folder/Drive you want to share then click on
    sharing and security, check share this folder on network and give it a name.

    Robert Jacobs, Feb 3, 2005