    Realtor
    RE/MAX Gulfstream Realty
    Sarasota, Florida

    =?Utf-8?B?TG93ZWxs?=, Aug 11, 2006

  2. PS... This applies only to XP Home and XP Media Center

    That is pretty much the idea of a shared directory. As long as those
    accessing that directory are able to provide the password for it, they are
    granted acess to that information with the ability to make changes and new
    directories in that shared folder.

    Other options: If you want them to have "read only" acess then make sure
    that the box under the share folder name is unchecked (Allow network users to
    change my files).

    Otherwise: Under XP Pro, you can set the access privileges for each user
    and share location.

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9uIFou?=, Aug 12, 2006

  3. Ron,

    Thanks for your note. It is a little clearer now. Actually, we are running
    XP Pro, where do I go to set the password?

    --
    Lowell Shoaf
    Realtor

    =?Utf-8?B?TG93ZWxs?=, Aug 15, 2006