    to remind them to remove there files when done. I didn't know if I could
    creat a pop up message for when they open that folder. Any help would be
    appreciated.

    dmiller, Apr 5, 2005

  2. dmiller

    Jason Guest

    If people are accessing the folder via a browser, you could write a java
    script to accomplish this. However, not sure if ths would work using the
    Windows Explorer utility native to the Windows environment. My exposure to
    java scripts is limited, but I know that php accomplishes this on the server
    side quite easily, so I am assuming the java side would work equally well.
    Good luck!

    Jason, Apr 5, 2005

  3. dmiller

    Rome Guest

    you can do it the hard way by going to the "Manage your file server" mmc
    snap in, and broadcast a message manually to all users connected to that
    folder/s. i'm not a programmer so i couldn't tell you how to script ;-)

    Rome, Apr 22, 2005