    I'm working with my 218 Video. My understanding is that that SHARE's are
    considered Network permissions and NTFS is considered LOCAL machine
    permissions?
    CJ, Jul 7, 2003

  2. CJ

    Somchai U. Guest

    No. NTFS permission works regardless you access on local or from remote. The
    only different is on local NTFS works alone, on network NTFS works together
    with SHARE permission.

    Study harder. Cheer. :)

    Somchai

    Somchai U., Jul 7, 2003

  3. CJ

    SteveC Guest

    Your understanding is actually correct, share permissions are Network
    permissions. NTFS permissions will not allow access across the network if
    share permissions have not been enabled. However, it is true to say that
    access permissions are calculated based on Share and NTFS permissions
    combined.
    So if you logon remotely Share and NTFS permissions are evaluated. If you
    logon locally, only NTFS are evaluated.

    Cheers.

    SteveC, Jul 7, 2003
  4. CJ