    ================
    pdaman
    ================
    pdaman, Apr 4, 2006

  2. Depends, for general purpose software such as Office productivity, web
    browsing, you will not see a significant boost in performance. You probably
    won't see this in the majority of client applications, the since the
    majority currently are mostly 32 bit. Of course, notebook processors tend to
    have much slower performance compared to desktop processors which often run
    at higher speeds and contain more features, so comparing both would probably
    not be a fair thing to do.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Apr 4, 2006

  3. I was quite happy having the Trial on my Notebook - when I installed the
    final I had to make a choice and it landed on the Desktop. The professionals
    readily mention how 64bit OS performance is centered around memory heavy
    applications, no doubt that this is true, and a valuable thing to remember -
    however, I want to make a note of how 'good' this OS is when handling
    Virtual Memory - it may not show in a regular benchmark, but this OS 'feels'
    markedly eager, willing and able to go to work - and perhaps more so on a
    machine that doesn't have all the fastest resources available to it. The
    Home edition that came with mine, is very good and works fine in every way
    but 'god!' how I miss the x64 when ever I turn it on.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Apr 4, 2006