    exam tomorrow.
    Thanks,
    Feral Geek
    Feral Geek, Aug 26, 2004

  2. Feral Geek

    Jerz Guest

    The default share permission in Win2K is "Full Control" but with XP it
    changed to "Read" for added security.

    When I create a new share on a folder in xp professional the default for me
    is "Read" so I'm not sure why you're getting something different.

    Jerz

    Jerz, Aug 26, 2004

  3. Feral Geek

    Mitch S. Guest

    Is it possible that XP inherited that setting from 2000 since it was an
    upgrade?

    --
    Mitch S.
    MCSA, CCNA, A+, Net+

    Mitch S., Aug 26, 2004
  4. Feral Geek

    Feral Geek Guest

    Jerz,

    Thanks for the reply. At least that confirms what the
    practice exam states. I appreciate your reply.
    Feral Geek

    Feral Geek, Aug 26, 2004
  5. Feral Geek

    Charles Guest

    He did an upgrade, was his HD formatted Fat32 before the
    upgrade?, that would change the permissions behavior, and
    that's why NTFS is preferred.

    Feral Geek, double click my computer, right click C Drive
    and select properties, does it say Fat32 or NTFS (I'm
    betting Fat32). If Fat32, you do know how to convert to
    NTFS?

    Charles, Sep 8, 2004