    I have a windows mobile 5.0 Pocket PC with Wi-fi
    How can i share the internet connection of my PC on my Pocket PC using wi-fi

    Thanks

    Gaurav Kothari, India, Mar 28, 2009

  2. The easiest way, IMHO, is to use a wireless router. I can do that with my old
    Axim PocketPC running WM2003SE. In my case I have to use WPA-PSK [TKIP] as
    the encryption type. I have a ZyXEL NBG334W router.

    Alternatively if the PC has a wireless card in it you could try an ad-hoc
    connection between the PPC and the PC then use ICS on the PC so the PPC can
    access the network and internet through the PC. Here is one page that may
    help with that.

    http://www.geocities.com/grieg_winter/adhoc/index.html

    You might consider posting to the microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless news
    group for addtional help.

    Good luck...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows – Desktop User Experience)

    rights...

    Sooner Al [MVP], Mar 28, 2009

  3. Gaurav Kothari, India

    James Egan Guest

    On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 05:16:03 -0700, Gaurav Kothari, India
    <> wrote:

    >I have following config
    >PC: Connected to internet via LAN
    >PC----------------------LAN Switch-----------------Router
    >192.168.1.50 192.168.1.1
    >255.255.255.0
    >
    >My PC also have a wireless card
    >I have a windows mobile 5.0 Pocket PC with Wi-fi
    >How can i share the internet connection of my PC on my Pocket PC using wi-fi

    You could look at bridging the wired and wireless interfaces on the xp
    desktop and establishing an adhoc wireless connection to it from the
    pocket pc

    Jim.

    James Egan, Mar 28, 2009