    Thanks,

    DT

    , May 24, 2005

  2. big si Guest

    sh run in fa0/0

    A lot of commands can be abbreviated.

    big si.

    big si, May 24, 2005

  3. Guest

    big si wrote:
    > sh run in fa0/0
    >
    > A lot of commands can be abbreviated.
    >
    > big si.

    Thank you very much. I didn't know of the "in" option. This saves me a
    lot of time.

    DT

    > <> wrote in message
    > > Many times I need to review the settings of a given interface, say

    fa
    > > 0/0 but I have to run "sh running-config" and look for that

    specific
    > > info among the long result of "sh running-config"
    > >
    > > Is there any "sh" to show me only the part of fa 0/0 of "sh
    > > running-config" ?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > DT

    , May 24, 2005
  4. Scooby Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > big si wrote:
    > > sh run in fa0/0
    > >
    > > A lot of commands can be abbreviated.
    > >
    > > big si.

    > Thank you very much. I didn't know of the "in" option. This saves me a
    > lot of time.
    >
    > DT
    > >
    > > <> wrote in message
    > > > Many times I need to review the settings of a given interface, say

    > fa
    > > > 0/0 but I have to run "sh running-config" and look for that

    > specific
    > > > info among the long result of "sh running-config"
    > > >
    > > > Is there any "sh" to show me only the part of fa 0/0 of "sh
    > > > running-config" ?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > >
    > > > DT

    Showing just an interface config is best done as shown above. However,
    there are also some other nice options using the | symbol that you may want
    to use when not looking for the whole config.

    This will do a show run, beginning with the line that contains router eigrp:
    show run | begin router eigrp

    This will show all lines that contain nat statements:
    show run | include nat

    Hope that helps,

    Jim

    Scooby, May 24, 2005
  5. J. Lanza Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    >Many times I need to review the settings of a given interface, say fa
    >0/0 but I have to run "sh running-config" and look for that specific
    >info among the long result of "sh running-config"
    >
    >Is there any "sh" to show me only the part of fa 0/0 of "sh
    >running-config" ?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >DT

    sh ru | begin fa0/0