    Has anyone ever seen this? CPU utilization is not high (1-2%).

    Thanks
    , Apr 24, 2006

  2. Merv Guest

    The 2950 is a layer 2 switch.

    The available show interrface related commands are :
    show interface
    show interfaces counters
    show interfaces status
    show interfaces switchport
    show interfaces trunk

    closest to sh ip int brief would probably be sh int status
    Merv, Apr 24, 2006

  3. Guest

    This command is going to show Layer 3 IP info about the interface. On
    a switch, IP Routing is disabled by default. And typically IP routing
    is done on a VLAN interface rather than a FastEthernet interface. Try
    "ip routing" globally, configure IP on an interface, and then "show ip
    interface". Like "show i p interface vlan1"

    Steve Griffin
    www.blueconsole.com (Bluetooth Wireless Console Cable)
    , Apr 24, 2006