SFC /Scannow error fixed (Windows 7)

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by LDJ, Feb 9, 2010.

  1. LDJ

    LDJ Guest

    Hello Anybody!

    I ran the SFC /Scannow command, and it ended up showing the error msg:

    "but was unable to fix some of them.
    Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
    C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log"

    The latest error free Ghost image that I have, is dated 19 December
    2009, so it was rather useless, as I have changed the system a lot since
    then.

    I placed the Windows 7 install DVD in the DVD drive, and searched for
    the file that was reported in error, in the CBS.LOG, but it was not
    there to see.

    I saw a install.wim file, that was associated with PowerISO (showed the
    PowerISO ICO) and found that I could open it with PowerISO. In the
    install.wim file there were several different images that I could choose
    from and open.

    PowerISO could extract the winsxs DIR from the install.wim, to a
    temporary HD DIR, and after that I could replace the file in error :)

    The Windows Imaging Format (WIM) is explained here:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Imaging_Format

    And Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) here:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Automated_Installation_Kit

    Kind Regards
    LDJ
    LDJ, Feb 9, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. You can also use Daemon Tools which is free to mount the.ISO and copy
    the desired file from the .ISO to your hard drive.

    I prefer FREE to $29.95!



    On 2010-02-09 04:37, LDJ wrote:
    > Hello Anybody!
    >
    > I ran the SFC /Scannow command, and it ended up showing the error msg:
    >
    > "but was unable to fix some of them.
    > Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
    > C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log"
    >
    > The latest error free Ghost image that I have, is dated 19 December
    > 2009, so it was rather useless, as I have changed the system a lot since
    > then.
    >
    > I placed the Windows 7 install DVD in the DVD drive, and searched for
    > the file that was reported in error, in the CBS.LOG, but it was not
    > there to see.
    >
    > I saw a install.wim file, that was associated with PowerISO (showed the
    > PowerISO ICO) and found that I could open it with PowerISO. In the
    > install.wim file there were several different images that I could choose
    > from and open.
    >
    > PowerISO could extract the winsxs DIR from the install.wim, to a
    > temporary HD DIR, and after that I could replace the file in error :)
    >
    > The Windows Imaging Format (WIM) is explained here:
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Imaging_Format
    >
    > And Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) here:
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Automated_Installation_Kit
    >
    > Kind Regards
    > LDJ
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Bobby Johnson, Feb 9, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. LDJ

    LDJ Guest

    Hello Bobby Johnson!

    Please try to be on topic.

    I wrote about SFC /Scannow errors, that can be fixed by replacing the
    files in error, without having to re-install the OS.

    On 09-02-2010 15:05, Bobby Johnson wrote:
    > You can also use Daemon Tools which is free to mount the.ISO and copy
    > the desired file from the .ISO to your hard drive.
    >
    > I prefer FREE to $29.95!


    I don't know if Daemon Tools can extract the files/images from WIM
    files. If you follow the link I posted, you can see various tools being
    mentioned, that can handle WIM files.

    Off topic:

    PowerISO can add new files/directories to existing CD/DVD images,
    besides the CD/DVD mounting abilities that Daemon tools have. I bought
    PowerISO to use as a tool when I made VistaPE Boot CD's, and slip
    streamed SP's.


    Kind Regards
    LDJ
    LDJ, Feb 9, 2010
    #3
  4. I am on topic. You stated your used PowerISO to extract the files.
    PowerISO costs $29.95 Daemon Tools does the same thing and it's FREE!


    On 2010-02-09 17:23, LDJ wrote:
    > Hello Bobby Johnson!
    >
    > Please try to be on topic.
    >
    > I wrote about SFC /Scannow errors, that can be fixed by replacing the
    > files in error, without having to re-install the OS.
    >
    > On 09-02-2010 15:05, Bobby Johnson wrote:
    >> You can also use Daemon Tools which is free to mount the.ISO and copy
    >> the desired file from the .ISO to your hard drive.
    >>
    >> I prefer FREE to $29.95!

    >
    > I don't know if Daemon Tools can extract the files/images from WIM
    > files. If you follow the link I posted, you can see various tools being
    > mentioned, that can handle WIM files.
    >
    > Off topic:
    >
    > PowerISO can add new files/directories to existing CD/DVD images,
    > besides the CD/DVD mounting abilities that Daemon tools have. I bought
    > PowerISO to use as a tool when I made VistaPE Boot CD's, and slip
    > streamed SP's.
    >
    >
    > Kind Regards
    > LDJ
    Bobby Johnson, Feb 10, 2010
    #4
  5. LDJ

    LDJ Guest

    Bobby Johnson!

    Your are still not adding anything relevant to the topic:

    SFC /Scannow error fixed.

    On 10-02-2010 15:10, Bobby Johnson wrote:
    > I am on topic. You stated your used PowerISO to extract the files.
    > PowerISO costs $29.95 Daemon Tools does the same thing and it's FREE!


    I regret having broken the rule: Don't feet the Troll's, but I couldn't
    accept that you spoiled the thread, with your irrelevant comments.

    However you have been added to my ignore filter.

    EOD
    LDJ
    LDJ, Feb 10, 2010
    #5
  6. LDJ

    The Sizzler Guest

    I thought I was the rude one. Why are you being so rude to Bobby? Doesn't
    he have the right to participate in a conversation? Or, are you the Troll?

    "LDJ" wrote:

    > Bobby Johnson!
    >
    > Your are still not adding anything relevant to the topic:
    >
    > SFC /Scannow error fixed.
    >
    > On 10-02-2010 15:10, Bobby Johnson wrote:
    > > I am on topic. You stated your used PowerISO to extract the files.
    > > PowerISO costs $29.95 Daemon Tools does the same thing and it's FREE!

    >
    > I regret having broken the rule: Don't feet the Troll's, but I couldn't
    > accept that you spoiled the thread, with your irrelevant comments.
    >
    > However you have been added to my ignore filter.
    >
    > EOD
    > LDJ
    >
    > .
    >
    The Sizzler, Feb 10, 2010
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Paul Woodsford

    sfc /scannow help needed?

    Paul Woodsford, Jul 13, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    5,752
    Shep©
    Jul 13, 2003
  2. The Dude

    sfc /scannow errors

    The Dude, Jun 2, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    8,202
    °Mike°
    Jun 3, 2004
  3. Adriano

    sfc /scannow, I look for info.

    Adriano, Apr 17, 2005, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    347
    Adriano
    Apr 17, 2005
  4. its_my_dime

    SFC SCANNOW problem

    its_my_dime, Apr 17, 2007, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    651
    Ron Martell
    Apr 17, 2007
  5. LDJ

    WinXP x64 - SFC Scannow

    LDJ, Aug 9, 2008, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    751
Loading...

Share This Page