SF360 MOVIE NIGHT

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by SF Film Society, Nov 15, 2007.

  1. SF360 MOVIE NIGHT
    One city, one movie, one night:
    Her Name is Sabine

    SF360 Movie Night is the Film Society's a citywide film screening held
    in partnership with Film Movement, a monthly DVD subscription club
    that provides early access to award-winning independent and foreign
    film. Our vision is that all of San Francisco will watch one movie on
    the same night. We invite all our friends and neighbors to gather for
    house party screenings, and hosts are provided with discussion
    questions and invited to participate in a discussion following the
    screening at a local establishment.

    This November 29, SF360 Movie Night returns with the film Her Name Is
    Sabine, directed by Sandrine Bonnaire. An intelligent, moving and
    beautiful documentary, the film follows Sabine, a 38-year-old autistic
    woman. Through personal footage filmed over a period of 25 years (the
    director is Sabine's sister), it is revealed that Sabine's growth and
    many talents were crushed by improper diagnosis and an inadequate care
    structure. After a tragic five-year stay in a psychiatric hospital,
    Sabine finally finds a new lease on life in a home together with other
    young people living with similar mental and emotional illnesses.

    The San Francisco Film Society and Film Movement encourage the Bay
    Area Film community to watch and join us for a discussion and
    celebration at Tosca's at 9:30 pm following your screenings. Visit
    Film Movement to find out how to receive the film for your screening
    party. Remember that all Film Society members receive a discount on
    Film Movement DVDs.
    SF Film Society, Nov 15, 2007