    the SPA-3000.....

    Thanks in advanace for your help

    Stephane

    Stephane M, Jun 18, 2005

  2. On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 15:34:05 +0100, "Stephane M" <>
    wrote:

    >If I understood correctly,
    >If I want 2 or 3 phones plugged on the same voIP account, I have to use an
    >ATA (like the SPA-3000 ) !? is that correct ?

    one ATA with one phone socket could feed N phones via doublers,
    triplers, wired extensions or whatever.

    You don't need to rewire your house with RJ11 just intercept the
    existing extension wiring close the master socket and feed the VoIP
    connection into that instead of having it connect to the outside line.

    Or use a DECT base station with multiple handsets.

    Phil
    --
    spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
    Come on down !

    Phil Thompson, Jun 18, 2005

  3. In article <d91bc2$n0g$1$>,
    "Stephane M" <> writes:
    > Hello,
    >
    > If I understood correctly,
    > If I want 2 or 3 phones plugged on the same voIP account, I have to use an
    > ATA (like the SPA-3000 ) !? is that correct ?
    >
    > 2) If I take a SPA-3000. I'll suppose that have to connect ALL my phones on
    > the RJ11 plug ?! -> I need to wire the whole house for that :-(

    You could position the SPA-3000 next to your master socket,
    disconnect all your extensions from the master socket and
    wire them to the SPA-3000, and then plug the SPA-3000 alone
    into the master socket.

    > 3) is there anybody, who has the SPA-3000 manual (softcopy (PDF))? I did try
    > to find this on the web, but I can only find all the other ATA SPA except
    > the SPA-3000.....

    I couldn't find it either, and I also turned up a number of
    reviews saying the main problem with the SPA-3000 is lack
    of desent documentation.

    --
    Andrew Gabriel

    Andrew Gabriel, Jun 18, 2005
  4. Stephane M wrote:
    || Hello,
    || If I understood correctly,
    || If I want 2 or 3 phones plugged on the same voIP account, I have to
    || use an ATA (like the SPA-3000 ) !? is that correct ?
    || 2) If I take a SPA-3000. I'll suppose that have to connect ALL my
    || phones on the RJ11 plug ?! -> I need to wire the whole house for
    || that :-(
    || 3) is there anybody, who has the SPA-3000 manual (softcopy (PDF))? I
    || did try to find this on the web, but I can only find all the other
    || ATA SPA except the SPA-3000.....
    || Thanks in advanace for your help
    || Stephane

    http://www.sipura.com/Documents/SPA-3000.pdf - more a fact sheet though.

    There is a setup wizard on the Sipura site, so no need for a lengthy manual.

    Also some (even better) wizards on the http://voxilla.com site.

    The Cable Guy, Jun 18, 2005
  5. Stephane M

    Stephane M Guest

    Yes.... the documentation seems to be weak !!
    http://www.sipura.com/Documents/SPA3000QuickStart.doc and that is all !!
    :-(

    Are you using a SPA3000 ?
    I did read somewhere, that
    - the SPA can be select you landline If your VoIP is down....
    - You can call your SPA3000 (via a mobile for instance) and made a phone
    call abroad via your SPA...

    Easy to setup ??

    Stephane

    Stephane M, Jun 18, 2005
  6. Stephane M

    Stephane M Guest

    I finally found a manual...
    http://www.sipura.com/Documents/SipuraSPAUserGuidev2.0.9.pdf
    It sounds to be something general.... but seems to describe the SPA-3000 !!

    Stephane M, Jun 18, 2005
  7. Stephane M

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Phil Thompson wrote:
    > On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 15:34:05 +0100, "Stephane M" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> If I understood correctly,
    >> If I want 2 or 3 phones plugged on the same voIP account, I have
    >> to use an ATA (like the SPA-3000 ) !? is that correct ?

    Do you mean more than one *phone* or more than one *number*..? You cannot
    have more than one number on a single account, but you can have two
    numbers on two accounts via a single ATA such as the SPA2000 (IIRC the
    3000 only has a single phone port).

    > one ATA with one phone socket could feed N phones via doublers,
    > triplers, wired extensions or whatever.

    The REN of most ATA's is 3 not 4 as for a BT line so you could only
    connect 3 phones without some sort of REN extender.

    > You don't need to rewire your house with RJ11 just intercept the
    > existing extension wiring close the master socket and feed the VoIP
    > connection into that instead of having it connect to the outside
    > line.
    >
    > Or use a DECT base station with multiple handsets.

    That's the easiest, you get intercom as well.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 18, 2005
  8. Stephane M

    Jono Guest

    Stephane M wrote:
    || Yes.... the documentation seems to be weak !!
    || http://www.sipura.com/Documents/SPA3000QuickStart.doc and that is
    || all !! :-(
    || Are you using a SPA3000 ?

    Don't know if he is. I am.

    || I did read somewhere, that
    || - the SPA can be select you landline If your VoIP is down....

    Yes. You can set it to automatically Fail-over to your landline.

    || - You can call your SPA3000 (via a mobile for instance) and made a
    || phone call abroad via your SPA...

    You can dial in to your landline, for instance, and have tha SPA3k answer
    the call and give you a dial tone. then, if you've set up PIN
    authentication, you can enter a PIN and dial out using your VoIP account.
    || Easy to setup ??

    Yes if you use a wizard, & no if you try it manually. Find the wizard in the
    SPA Users' Groups on http://voxilla.com - it really is a piece of cake with
    this.

    Jono, Jun 18, 2005
  9. Stephane M

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Andrew Gabriel wrote:
    > In article <d91bc2$n0g$1$>,
    > "Stephane M" <> writes:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> If I understood correctly,
    >> If I want 2 or 3 phones plugged on the same voIP account, I have
    >> to use an ATA (like the SPA-3000 ) !? is that correct ?
    >>
    >> 2) If I take a SPA-3000. I'll suppose that have to connect ALL my
    >> phones on the RJ11 plug ?! -> I need to wire the whole house for
    >> that :-(

    > You could position the SPA-3000 next to your master socket,
    > disconnect all your extensions from the master socket and
    > wire them to the SPA-3000, and then plug the SPA-3000 alone
    > into the master socket.
    >
    >> 3) is there anybody, who has the SPA-3000 manual (softcopy (PDF))?
    >> I did try to find this on the web, but I can only find all the
    >> other ATA SPA except the SPA-3000.....

    > I couldn't find it either, and I also turned up a number of
    > reviews saying the main problem with the SPA-3000 is lack
    > of desent documentation.

    Try here: http://www.sipura.com/Documents/SipuraSPAUserGuidev2.0.9.pdf

    This is a generic document pertaining to most Sipura ATA's but it does
    mention the 3000.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 18, 2005
  10. On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 16:39:28 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >The REN of most ATA's is 3 not 4 as for a BT line so you could only
    >connect 3 phones without some sort of REN extender.

    not usually a problem as the actual RENs are fractional but reported
    in integers. Three clanky old phones with bells might be a worry.

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Jun 18, 2005
  11. Stephane M

    Marc Popek Guest

    how about several lines ...on one phone :)

    There is a simple automatic switching device combine-a-line that routes PSTN
    and VOIP to a single line handset, answering machine, Fax, etc. This might
    work.

    Marco
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5785155151&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

    Marc Popek, Jun 28, 2005