    for e-bay). What is the best way of doing this?

    Example - front and rear view of item - assembled into one file.

    John

    john, Nov 30, 2005

  2. john

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >I want to be able to edit several shots into one file (for producing image
    >for e-bay). What is the best way of doing this?
    >Example - front and rear view of item - assembled into one file

    Any graphics program that supports "layers" will let you do this
    easily. Pick a program and ask here how to do it with that program and
    someone can give you instructions I'm sure.

    Bill Hilton, Nov 30, 2005

  3. john

    Jim Townsend Guest

    john wrote:

    > (sorry if this has been covered - new to group)
    >
    > I want to be able to edit several shots into one file (for producing image
    > for e-bay). What is the best way of doing this?
    >
    > Example - front and rear view of item - assembled into one file.

    It would probably be MUCH easier to answer if you mentioned what editor you
    were using. :)

    Jim Townsend, Nov 30, 2005
  4. john

    john Guest

    "Jim Townsend" <> wrote in message
    > john wrote:
    >
    >> (sorry if this has been covered - new to group)
    >>
    >> I want to be able to edit several shots into one file (for producing
    >> image
    >> for e-bay). What is the best way of doing this?
    >>
    >> Example - front and rear view of item - assembled into one file.

    > It would probably be MUCH easier to answer if you mentioned what editor
    > you
    > were using. :)

    I have Paintshop Pro 7 and PhotoShop 5.5

    john, Nov 30, 2005
  5. john

    Hunt Guest

    In article <>, bhilton
    says...

    >>I want to be able to edit several shots into one file (for producing image
    >>for e-bay). What is the best way of doing this?
    >>Example - front and rear view of item - assembled into one file

    >Any graphics program that supports "layers" will let you do this
    >easily. Pick a program and ask here how to do it with that program and
    >someone can give you instructions I'm sure.

    Or you could use a DTP-type program, Place/Import the images, then output to a
    format that e-bay will accept. Personally, I'd do it in an imaging program, as
    Bill H recommends, but then I have those already. For an inexpensive photo
    editing prog, I've heard great things about the GIMP (freeware), but have
    never used it, so I cannot comment on its capabilities. Folk are always
    compaing it to Photoshop, so it must be good.

    Hunt

    Hunt, Dec 1, 2005
  6. john

    Susan P Guest

    On Wed 30 Nov 2005 23:57:42, john <> wrote:

    > I have Paintshop Pro 7 and PhotoShop 5.5

    You can do this in the free Irfanview. Choose "panorama" in the
    menus.

    Susan P, Dec 1, 2005
  7. john

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >John asks ...
    >
    >I want to be able to edit several shots into one file (for producing image
    >for e-bay). What is the best way of doing this?
    >Example - front and rear view of item - assembled into one file
    >
    >I have Paintshop Pro 7 and PhotoShop 5.5

    So say the two views are 200 x 200 pixels each and you want to put them
    together with Photoshop ... do File - New and make the new file 400 x
    200 pixels with white or clear background. Open the other two files
    and select the Move tool (type v as a shortcut) and hold the cursor
    over one of the views and click on it and drag to the new file, where
    it will appear as a new layer. Repeat for the second one ... you can
    arrange them by using the Move tool and selecting the right layer in
    the new file. Probably pretty much the same with Paintshop Pro. That
    should do it ...

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Dec 1, 2005
  8. john

    U-Know-Who Guest

    "john" <> wrote in message
    > (sorry if this has been covered - new to group)
    >
    > I want to be able to edit several shots into one file (for producing image
    > for e-bay). What is the best way of doing this?
    >
    > Example - front and rear view of item - assembled into one file.

    > John

    Picasa, from Google will do this as a collage.

    U-Know-Who, Dec 1, 2005
  9. john

    john Guest

    "U-Know-Who" <> wrote in message

    > "john" <> wrote in message
    >> (sorry if this has been covered - new to group)
    >>
    >> I want to be able to edit several shots into one file (for producing
    >> image for e-bay). What is the best way of doing this?
    >>
    >> Example - front and rear view of item - assembled into one file.
    >>
    >> --
    >>

    >> --
    >> John
    >>

    > Picasa, from Google will do this as a collage.

    Thanks - but it is a bit random. I would like to do it in a controlled
    manner - to illustrate items I am selling from several angles - but as one
    JPEG.

    john, Dec 1, 2005
  10. john

    Hunt Guest

    In article <W%qjf.7932$>,
    says...

    >"Jim Townsend" <> wrote in message
    >> john wrote:
    >>
    >>> (sorry if this has been covered - new to group)
    >>>
    >>> I want to be able to edit several shots into one file (for producing
    >>> image
    >>> for e-bay). What is the best way of doing this?
    >>>
    >>> Example - front and rear view of item - assembled into one file.

    >> It would probably be MUCH easier to answer if you mentioned what editor
    >> you
    >> were using. :)
    >>

    >I have Paintshop Pro 7 and PhotoShop 5.5

    Photoshop 5.5 will do quite nicely, John, and you will have all of the control
    that you desire. Bill Hilton covers the process quite well. Don't know PSP,
    but I assume that it has similar capabilities. One nice thing about having the
    two (or more) images in Layers in PS, is that you can add an Adjustment Layer
    to each, to bring in any color/density corrections that you might want, so
    that the images will match. Save your composited image with Layers in PSD
    format (in case you need to ever work on it again), Flatten the image Layers
    and Save_As whatever format you need, probably JPG in this case. If so I'd use
    Save_For_Web (I think it was in 5.5, but that was the only upgrade that I did
    not ever get) to opitimze the image. Use the 4Up tab and choose the best
    balance of image size, resolution.

    Hunt

    Hunt, Dec 1, 2005