    yours S (addy' not usable[not that you would try it anyway])
    Illegitimi non carborundrum
    www.killies.co.uk/forums/index.php
    Soup, Sep 24, 2003

  2. Soup

    Boomer Guest

    Soup wrote:

    > Does anyone know of a website were the "seven seas" are named ?

    Have you searched for any sites yet?

    --
    Google.com is your friend.
    Boomer, Sep 24, 2003

  3. Soup

    Soup Guest

    Boomer wrote:
    > Soup wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know of a website were the "seven seas" are named ?

    > Have you searched for any sites yet?

    Yup google searches for " seven seas" ; oceans+names+history ;
    oceans+names ; oceans+"seven seas" etc
    indeed all I can think off, but none of them seem to say the seven seas
    contain the NORTH atlantic SOUTH atlantic NORTH pacific SOUTH pacific
    (although those are oceans I have always believed they were part of the
    seven seas.)
    [proof for a quiz, no biggy]
    Soup, Sep 24, 2003
  4. "Soup" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know of a website were the "seven seas" are named ?
    >
    > --
    > yours S (addy' not usable[not that you would try it anyway])
    > Illegitimi non carborundrum
    > www.killies.co.uk/forums/index.php

    The seven seas are the North Atlantic, South Atlantic, North Pacific,
    South Pacific, Indian, Antarctic, and Arctic Oceans.
    Steven Pilbeam, Sep 24, 2003
  5. Soup

    Boomer Guest

    Soup wrote:

    > Boomer wrote:
    >> Soup wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone know of a website were the "seven seas" are named
    >>> ?

    >> Have you searched for any sites yet?

    > Yup google searches for " seven seas" ; oceans+names+history ;
    > oceans+names ; oceans+"seven seas" etc
    > indeed all I can think off, but none of them seem to say the
    > seven seas
    > contain the NORTH atlantic SOUTH atlantic NORTH pacific SOUTH
    > pacific (although those are oceans I have always believed they
    > were part of the seven seas.)
    > [proof for a quiz, no biggy]

    "7 seas"+names Third link down?
    Boomer, Sep 24, 2003
  6. Soup

    Soup Guest

    Soup wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a website were the "seven seas" are named ?

    Thanks all.

    Soup, Sep 24, 2003
  7. Soup

    Soup Guest

    Steven Pilbeam wrote:
    > "Soup" <> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know of a website were the "seven seas" are named ?
    >>
    >> --
    >> yours S (addy' not usable[not that you would try it anyway])
    >> Illegitimi non carborundrum
    >> www.killies.co.uk/forums/index.php
    >>

    > The seven seas are the North Atlantic, South Atlantic, North Pacific,
    > South Pacific, Indian, Antarctic, and Arctic Oceans.

    Thats what I thought Steven but it is good to have it confirmed.

    Soup, Sep 24, 2003
  8. Soup

    gangle Guest

    "Soup" wrote

    --- , ------ , --
    gangle, Sep 24, 2003
  9. Soup

    Patrick Guest

    Patrick, Sep 24, 2003
  10. Soup

    Soup Guest

    Patrick wrote:
    > Soup wrote:
    >> Does anyone know of a website were the "seven seas" are named ?

    > Heres all I could find (that wasn't about Crueses or Sinbad).
    >
    > http://www.whoi.edu/info/seven-seas.html

    Yup most of the sites I looked at were about "Seven seas "cruises or about
    the film "Sinbad and the seven seas".
    Hadn't thought about the "ancient" meaning of seven just assumed the "seven
    seas" were,
    the north and south Atlantic
    the north and south Pacific
    the Indian
    the Artic
    and the Antartic ocean.

    --
    yours S (addy' not usable[not that you would try it anyway])
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    Soup, Sep 24, 2003