    Can you send me articles on how to configure wireless network using Windows
    2000 Radius server?

    M P

    M P, Apr 4, 2006

  2. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 4, 2006

  3. M P

    M P Guest

    Hi Jack,

    Thank you for this reference.
    Upon reading the guidelines and apply to my Windows 2000 server and Windows
    XP Professional SP2, I cannot authenticate with the wireless AP, it hung on
    Checking Authentication and found no error log on Windows 2000 IAS server.
    What do I need to check?

    M P, Apr 5, 2006
  4. M P

    MacAddict Guest

    If you don't see any events in the IAS server, that means that the AP
    is not communicating with IAS. Make sure that you have setup the AP as
    a client in the IAS and make sure that the passphrase matches on the AP
    and the IAS.

    MacAddict, Apr 5, 2006
  5. M P

    M P Guest

    Do we have a tool to check if AP and Radius is communicating?

    M P, Apr 7, 2006
  6. M P

    M P Guest

    I forgot to include on my reply, when I enter the credentials, the status of
    the wireless icon on the taskbar displays "Attempting to authenticate". I
    have waited a while and I think nothing happens. I've check the IAS, no log
    on the System EVL. I have recreate a client but still same error. Hope you
    might help.

    M P, Apr 7, 2006
  7. Hi MP. Do not use Linksys AP. They do not support WPA-RADIUS even though it
    is there. Some AP do not work with RADIUS well. I've got similar problems
    before and after speaking to several Linksys techsupport, one technician
    indicated thier AP do not support RADIUS. Go figure! I'm using D-link
    DWL-2100ap and it works great.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=, Apr 27, 2006
  8. M P

    Billy B Guest

    I have also had issues with Radius and Win2K. Ours was a similar situation
    as the authentication server didn't even see the clients attemping to
    connect at first. We found one specific PCMCIA card to use with the machines
    to authenticate and a software package to assist in the connection. The
    hardware is a D-Link DWL-G650 Hardware Rev. B, only Rev. B worked for our
    purposes. The software used it Odyssey Client, whose parent company was just
    purchased by Juniper, test it here:
    http://www.juniper.net/products/aaa/odyssey/ D-Link also told me their cards
    do not supprt RADIUS on Win2K, but it works in this configuration with no
    problem.

    Billy B, May 1, 2006
  9. Our RADIUS was running in W2K and it worked fine. One other thing to look out
    for is the IAS remote access policies. There are conditions and rules which
    have to be tested. The NAS-Port type condition must be used properly. E.g.
    for wireless, select Wireless and Wireless-Others. Then test out to ensure
    the rules and conditions work. In addition, ensure Computer Certificate is
    issued to the IAS server if the authentication type is used: PEAP-MS-CHAPv2.
    For Win2003 IAS setup, the wizard is builtin which is nice.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=, May 1, 2006