    and I have tried out a wired router and able to get on the internet. How do
    I set up wireless internet or wireless network? I heard people say it is
    real easy, but I have not done this before. thanks
    Richard, Apr 2, 2006

  2. Richard

    Richard Guest

    I forgot to mention that all of my computers are running on window xp with
    the latest updates.

    Richard, Apr 2, 2006

  3. Richard

    Butterfield Guest

    On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 15:38:22 -0500, "Richard" <>
    wrote:

    >I bought a wireless router with a 4 ports lan and 1 port wan. I hooked my
    >cable internet from the cable modem by using an ethenet cable though the wan
    >hole. However, I am unable get on the internet with my desktop that has a
    >wireless receiver. All hardwares are working alright though device manager,
    >and I have tried out a wired router and able to get on the internet. How do
    >I set up wireless internet or wireless network? I heard people say it is
    >real easy, but I have not done this before. thanks

    Assume that wireless access is disabled by default in a new (out of
    the box) router. You need to wire into the router and enable it. Read
    the user manual that came with the new router.
    Butterfield, Apr 3, 2006